Blaster forum newcomer

BurntMill B240

Oct 14, 2013
Hey guys my name is Phil and I purchased my first blaster 2 weeks ago and been in search of one for 2-3 months!

Here's what i got! lol

welcome to the forum all the help u will need should be found here

Doesnt look like a stock pipe?? FMF?? think i see a FMF muffler peeking out of the back??

I semi lucked up on this guys.. IF you ask me... I got this blaster for $250 has holeshots all around, full fmf exhaust, vforce reed, 28mm keihen? carb, some type of wider rear axle, and a namura piston that looked like someone started smashing against the cylinder head.

Here is a pic of me with the top end taken apart. Im not much of a mechanic but it seemed fairly easy from what a friend explained so I tackled it!

well glad ur eager.... but you should have leaked tested before you took that motor apart, to check for air leaks, which may have done that to the piston

welcome to BF Phil !

whats your plans for rebuilding the topend ?

Yea. It's a few things I wish I done ahead of time, but cylinder is still at machine shop and I can check for a few things before I put it all back together.

As far as top end rebuild Im just gonna get "jug?" bore out abit because it has a few deep scratches and a new namura piston and rings to match new jug. I would like to look to look into porting but dont know where to start. My local yamaha dealer sends off for porting.. and is it a different route for more power instead of porting?

Yea. It's a few things I wish I done ahead of time, but cylinder is still at machine shop and I can check for a few things before I put it all back together.

As far as top end rebuild Im just gonna get "jug?" bore out abit because it has a few deep scratches and a new namura piston and rings to match new jug. I would like to look to look into porting but dont know where to start. My local yamaha dealer sends off for porting.. and is it a different route for more power instead of porting?

KenOconnor racing on here does a excellent job of porting

Looks like your doing a good job for not being much of a mechanic. You can do anything You want, if you want it enough. A good port job will really wake it up. Are you familiar with carbs and jetting? Thats crucial to good sound bike.

All that stuff can be found on here, just search for it.

Fred

Looks like your doing a good job for not being much of a mechanic. You can do anything You want, if you want it enough. A good port job will really wake it up. Are you familiar with carbs and jetting? Thats crucial to good sound bike.

All that stuff can be found on here, just search for it.

Fred

Carbs and jetting... I kno what they do but not very sure on which 1 to take out and replace and what size to go by.