blaster cutting out

shadow04

Feb 23, 2011
springfield missouri
It has a full Fmf exhust and had it bored 20 over on a fresh rebuild. I have the stock main jet which is 230 and the jet kit I bought was a stage one and two and the biggest stage one is a 220 and the stage two is 360. What can I do to make it not cutout. I removed the airbox.

dude i answered u in the other guys thread.. go to your powersports store and tell them u need a few individual jets, get like a 270 280 and a 290. they are like 3 bucks each, stay away from the jet kits.. they are a ripoff and a joke

dude i answered u in the other guys thread.. go to your powersports store and tell them u need a few individual jets, get like a 270 280 and a 290. they are like 3 bucks each, stay away from the jet kits.. they are a ripoff and a joke

I had pretty good luck with the vito's JK200 for the blaster. It's not a "numbered" jet kit (i.e. stage one, stage two, stage three..) but main jets from 290 to 340 (right where you need to be, shadow04) and a replacement needle.

At anything near sea level (below 3,000 ft) with an FMF pipe and no airbox lid, you *should* be about a 290-300. You'll have to do plug chops to figure out which exactly....

I had pretty good luck with the vito's JK200 for the blaster. It's not a "numbered" jet kit (i.e. stage one, stage two, stage three..) but main jets from 290 to 340 (right where you need to be, shadow04) and a replacement needle.

At anything near sea level (below 3,000 ft) with an FMF pipe and no airbox lid, you *should* be about a 290-300. You'll have to do plug chops to figure out which exactly....

yeah im talking about the "stage" kits

Thanks. What's a plug chop. Iam going to call my local dealer here and see if he has a 290 on hand

Ya warm motor up to normal temp put in a fresh plug get to 5th or 6th gear wide open throttle" pinned" for a minute, pull clutch, keep throttle fully open, turn run switch to off, coast to a stop, pull plug carefully cut threads off but leave white porcelian piece entact should have a "smoke ring" near the bottom- cardboard color is what your looking for, darker=rich lighter=lean

-Slick

If you are running the needle that came with the kit, do what I did, I chucked it in the bin.

For the life of me could I find a combination that would work with that needle.

Go to the stock needle.

i dont know the details on your bike but i had my fmf with a 280 and no air lid and a foam air filter. i would start there with a new plug and good fuel.