Blaster clutch issue Please Help

centipede3001

Nov 3, 2010
Ive had my blaster for about 2 years and have never had a problem with it until today
its a 1988 6 speed
When i pull the clutch lever it pulls the little arm down on the engine case but it feels like theres nothing there
So i pulled the clutch cover off and everything looks good i took the presure plate off and pulled the little rod out.
I looked online and people say there is a ball bearing that goes between the 2 rods
It looks like the ball bearing has welded its self to the rod you can pullout when you loosen the presure plate
Is it supposed to look like this or do i have a serious problem
Thanks for the help

59zuhi.jpg

You need a new rod and ball bearing. Typical of alot of heat down there! I may have that rod and bearing. I will check. When was the last time the gear oil was changed? that can happen from clutch out of adjustment for a long time too!

that also happens from pulling the clutch in for long periods at high speeds

ok sounds good i was just reading up on that thread and im guessing the guy before me didnt adjust it right when he put his new clutch in i see how to adjust it now
Do you have both rods because i shinned a flashlight down the hole and the other rod doesnt look to good at all
Also can i pull the hole asslebly out throught the clutch side or do i need to open up the other side to get the other push rod out ?
Thanks for the help

ok sounds good i was just reading up on that thread and im guessing the guy before me didnt adjust it right when he put his new clutch in i see how to adjust it now
Do you have both rods because i shinned a flashlight down the hole and the other rod doesnt look to good at all
Also can i pull the hole asslebly out throught the clutch side or do i need to open up the other side to get the other push rod out ?
Thanks for the help

I will look, not sure if i have the other rod still or not. But to get that rod out tip the quad on it's side and shake should fall right out!

it may be possible, with a very strong magnet, to insert the rod with the ball welded to in, or similar sized rod/steel wire, attach magnet to that and get that inner rod out, or possibly lay the bike on its side, clutch side down, and quickly pull the clutch lever, that may force it out ????

o sweet i thought it was screwed from that side too so i thought somehow i would have to get into it and unscrew it but it came right out for me
Thanks a lot guys for the help
does this happen often or is it just a freak thing for the ball to weld itself to the rod cause i tryed and it wont even brake free from the rod

Hey bud I have the longer rod and ball bearing , i don't have the shorter one with threads. Offer still stands for shipping I will send it to ya! Or better yet become a supporting member for $10 and i ship it on my dime!