Blaster bogs/will not start

Wow im sorry i totally missed the carb wires having to be spliced. Blonde moment...lol. This is my fourth blaster an ive Owned two shees and removed the tors on everyone of them. This one for some reason all my logic went Out the window. Lol

this one has the tors inside the cdi box,
pre 03's don't and was as easy as unplugging

Well good news she runs! I spliced the tors wires from the top of the carb together and she fired right up first kick. Left her warm up and she runs amazing. I just cant go all out because it only has like 30 mins on the new top end lol. I should be picking up a flange for that paul turner pipe this weekend and ill get some springs anyway. The carb needs a little tweaking but until i get the pipe thrown on im happy with it. As for the float i adjusted it pretty close to where it was a little dribble leaking out of the overflow, but my laziness kicked in so i put a screw in the overflow tube to seal her up. Thanks guys for all the help. Hopefully i can get some pictures thrown up of this puppy on here soon.

no, no, no !!!!!
you cannot plug the overflow, as it will not stop the fuel flow into the carb, which will fill up and start filling your crankcase up with fuel
you need to shut off the fuel at the petcock and undo that screw asap

leave the fuel shut off until you adjust them floats or replace the float valve/seat if needed to fix this

and don't forget to rejet for the new pipe

edit: btw a flaot valve/needle is $50+ at a dealers, but comes in the $12 moose rebuild kits available on ebay ????

I know. I just wanted to get out and rip on it. So i threw the screw in it quick. Ill mess with it when i rejet for the pauly pipe. Lol

oh, ok
i thought you were gonna leave it sit with the overflow plugged.
you'll be fine
glad ya got her rippin !!!