Blaster bogging problem

BlasterMaster2

Sep 3, 2014
Hey there, I just got a blaster. It was leaking fuel out the overflow pipe. I got the carb rebuild kit fitted, I also got a K an N air filter fitted. The first proper time I had it out was tonight and it went ok for a while then started bogging out. It was a little smokey so it may have been a rich mix in it. Any ideas or solutions??

I am starting to feel redundant!

Here I am the leak test king of the universe (according to a few) and folks are stealing my thunder! :D:D:D

Keep it up guys, leak testing is a very important thing to recommend, but I feel this guy has a jetting/flooding problem!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrdieselman
That's a great post but I don't think I could do that myself. I'd be afraid of messing something up. It's my first blaster I don't want to ruin it.
I am starting to feel redundant!

Here I am the leak test king of the universe (according to a few) and folks are stealing my thunder!

Keep it up guys, leak testing is a very important thing to recommend, but I feel this guy has a jetting/flooding problem!
What's a jetting flooding problem and how would it be solved??

You need to take the carb off and fully clean the jets and passages, set the float level and check if the jetting suits your mods!

You need to take the carb off and fully clean the jets and passages, set the float level and check if the jetting suits your mods!
The carb just had all new pins and gasket kitted so I guess he would have cleaned it out. I don't know what jetting is and the only mod I have is the k and n?? How do I find out what to set the float and the jetting??

What happened just before and just after the Big Bang?
Jus before didn't notice anything. Just after started missing and cutting out, didn't actually stop just wasn't going right. But I left it a while an started it again an it goes ok just up an down my drive. First - third only you know?

Just make sure that he tests for intake, crankshaft seals, case, gearbox breather pipe, head and cylinder gaskets!

i would read through alot of threads on here to learno_O
then if your not comfortable doing it bring it to a shop.
if you dont take something apart then it is not going to fix itself...:)
read carb section,electrical section,engine section ect;)
compression tester can be bought for 30 bucks at auto parts store..