blaster 1990 carb

If by chance the burn through is in the crown of the piston then there is a fair chance that Aluminium will drop into the crankcase and maybe damage bearings!

A chance yes, but a leak test is mandatory twice a year and anytime you have a problem!! If you'd rather take your chances at paying out for rebuild rather than a leaktester, than so be it, but folks here won't be so helpful to you when you are told the same thing over and over and won't listen. The leaktest pressurizes the "engine assembly", iow the top end and the part of the bottom end that houses the crankshaft. Basically where the engine can suck air to upset the air to fuel ratio

Reactions: Jeff Bennett
The absolute best way to blow up an engine is with an air leak!
I disagree ;)

1. Straight gas
2. No air cleaner
3. air leak

Disclaimer: #2 & 3 can be opposed IF you are riding on ice (maybe)

BTW
OP

have you or are you going to leak test??

OOOOOPPPPSSSS improper jetting should figure in somewhere too

cause and effect.....
more then often there is multiple issues.
if you dont address all of the issues/problems will persist.
learning ,tackling and paying for these effects/problems will make you a stronger,
problem solver/better mechanic.
if you feel you have been defeated/then hand it over to a person,with more tools and experience.
many people just sell and buy different to solve there current issues.
craigslist is full of them...:) although i am guilty of fixing these troubled machines/or at least making them better then they were price wise:D

O
cause and effect.....
more then often there is multiple issues.
if you dont address all of the issues/problems will persist.
learning ,tackling and paying for these effects/problems will make you a stronger,
problem solver/better mechanic.
if you feel you have been defeated/then hand it over to a person,with more tools and experience.
many people just sell and buy different to solve there current issues.
craigslist is full of them...:) although i am guilty of fixing these troubled machines/or at least making them better then they were price wise:D
ok thanks guy just want to get a good picture of the possible things and possible causes.but thanks all for the advise as good as alway.