blaster 1990 carb

Glenblaster44

Jan 5, 2015
Hi guys can someone help my 1990 blaster revs high when stopping.i have overhauled the carb set the needle right.the tors is disconnected.the cable is fine.can anyone help thanks

It could yes. Awk08 sells testers or you can build your own http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/build-and-use-a-leakdown-tester.10663/
leak-screen-re-1-jpg.14243

Reactions: speedyslyder
2 things
airleak more then likely.
or the afr is incorrect.
what is the airscrew set at?
what size pilot and main jet/needle clip position?
does it leak or loose tranny oil?

Air screw is 3/4 of a turn.needle set a position 2.it don't loose no oil.is this likely to blow up Im worried

it is running lean.
either from the carb
or because it has a airleak.
im surprised the airscrew is set at 3/4?
i have set it to that before but i had a toomey pipe/and still think i ended up turning it up more then that?
but turning it out will lean it out even more.
without seeing the quad and the rest of it condition it is hard to pass judgement.
but i would start with the leakdown procedure.

it only happerns when i come og full throttle to a quick stop.if i start it its ok has a little trouble idleing tho

Beware of jet kits, they seldom contain the correct size jets, only buy genuine jets.

Do not ride again until you have leak tested it, you could be doing some serious damage!

perhaps the throttle slide in carb is not returning fast enough?/getting hung up somewheres.when you come to a quick stop?/or it might be just 1 of your problems:)
but the rough idle i dont think would be caused by that

Reactions: Glenblaster44
An air leak if you have one can create a lean mixture which can burn extremely hot and cause damage to the piston and bore as tbrooks mentioned!

TAKE THERE ADVICE! Leak test it. I bought a blaster that ran amazing and didn't leak test it. it started having trouble idling but still ran good. Well, I had an airleak. Get a tester off of AWK08, you cant really build one for less and he ships fast, had mine in 2 days. Don't even start it again until you leak test. It might look like a long process but its not. Just take the exhaust loose, plug it and take the carb off and insert the tester and pump it up with a hand pump. Take the advise and you will save money. If you blow it up, it cost me $400 so far on my rebuild and I haven't got the seals or bearings yet. A leak tester is the must have most important tool for a 2 stroke, trust me, I didn't leak test and found out the hard, expensive way. If it has an air leak, it will blow up!