Best Way To Get Old Paint Off

oldskooolracer

Feb 16, 2008
We've Covered What Where And How To Paint But Not Much
About Removing Old Stuff So You Can Repaint..

Brake Cleaner PaiNt Stripper What Do You Use.

WHERE DO YOU GET THAT STUFF?

i got mine from my stepdad who was an electrician but im sure lowes or somewhere like that woulg have it i will ask him when i talk to him next an see where you can get it

was it on the ones i sold you?
no i had to strip my whole blaster when i got it someone painted it with some chameleon spray paint an did a crapy job so i had to repaint the whole thing

Use Aircraft Stripper, place tin foil over it and leave it over night, you'll be amazed. Any old paint will basically fall off, then it's off to sanding.

Aircraft stripper is amazing for metal only. Dont use that on plastic or your fenders will be dripping and melting all over the floor lol. I put that stuff in a plastic cup wasn't thinking and the cup basically turned into a puddle.

Go to Wal- Mart and they sell stripper in a spray can. I usede it for my girls plastics to get the old spray paint off and It worked awsome adn didnt harm the palstics one bit. Spay it on and leave it sit for 10 min and spray it off wiht a hose or pressure washer. Youll be amazed, and you dont have to sand it all off. The only sanding youll need to do is prep of course