Best tire sizes for stock rims

Eoddru

Jun 16, 2010
TN
My blaster needs new tires bad. What is the best size front and rear tire for the stock rim. It has the factory size tires on it right now.

matter of personal opinion ur gonna get alot of different answers here. i run 18/11/8 and i really like em. really depends on the type of terrain u ride if u ride trails that have deep ruts or tall rocks u will drag your skidplate sometimes with the 18's but its no biggie for me if u want clearance get some 20's but i wouldnt get over that cuz they just look like balloons on 8 inch rims jmo, my next set will be the mxr6 itp holeshots 18's of course and the same tires for the front 20/7/10.

no, u'd get high centered more, being that the skid plate would catch a rut or get caught up, i love my 18,s as long as its not muddy and not rutted

would i bottom out more if i got 18x11x8s on the back

the shocks, no. but you might get hung up on the skid plate. i never really had a problems with 18's and i rode some nasty trails. 20's are an all around better tire but i think they only look good with an extended swing arm. my friend has 20's with the stock swinger and because they aint rounded like the stock balloon tires they sometimes hit the heel guard.

i like my set up i have 19-6-10 in the front and 18-11-8 in the rear. i do alittle of everything and would have to agree with the above statements if u do a lot of mud dont do 18". but i have went up a creek once on my 18" holeshots where to water was up to the bottom of the exhaust flange or above and a crap load of rocks and i have to pick it up over stuff many times (it also just happened that i tore my waterproof boots right at the ankle earlier :( )

I'm running 22's becuase that is what was on the bike when I got it and I Probly will stick with them, maybe drop to 20's but would not run 18's on the trails, I get hung up with 22's around here, specially in the creeks.

i think i might sstick to 20s lol i go through alot of sh*t and over tress but are 18s cheaper lol.. tryin to get maxxis razr mxs..