banshee overheated

blaster99

Dec 10, 2008
East Stroudsburg ,PA
well i was doin some burnouts,and it over heated, coolant came out of the tube by the rad cap.now its like it runns hotter or something because coolant comes out of the cap it im riding slow,so could it be a bad cap im thinking

it runs the same tho,and it isnt dropping in cooling level,and its not smoking white or anyhting i have a head gasket so it thats the case it would be an easy fix

my neighbors banshee blew its cap off when he was riding really slow, he took it to the shop and they said that he just needed to get some air to the engine because it was overheating, they aren't meant to be ridden slow, that could be ur problem, how does it do when ur ridin fast?

my old banshee would do that from time to time, does your shee have a over flow bottle under the seat right behinde the airbox?. if not i would pick one up.

your right only when it hits the exhaust

well,its gonna smoke when it hits the pipe bc the pipe is burning hot,so thats gonna happen..as for the Fan..get one. I got one for my Rappy and it helps alot man...Chances are u blew the cap,pick up a new one and ride that bike like its a beast..lol there not ment for being ridding slow.

It over heats when u burn out bc theres no air hitting the rad to help cool it down,so the temp is just gonna climb. Hope that helpd you some.

I really don't think new antifreeze will solve the problem.
It could be that the radiator is clogged.
Whats your timing set at?
Too far advanced timing cause things to heat up as well as lean jetting.