Banshee Hydros Re-writing the rules

Your concern for my well being is noteable, but I'm extreamly confident that I'll never crash my blaster.......in the 7 years I've been riding I've only had 2 small accidents. The first I backed up into something I shouldent have on a friends Honda 300 4x4 the second I draged a knee on my then yz250 sleaper through an acre and a half of soy bean field. And by some feat I'm alive and kickin.

People sit in cars on railroad tracks all the time, russian roulette is a fun game, sky diving is mostly safe, and working on high tension power lines pays well. As the saying goes "but it only takes once"
Yes people sit in cars on railroad cars on tracks. But my grandpa was an enginer on CSX for 30yrs.and never had an accident he was in fact rewarded for itafter he retired. Russian rulet is fun when there are no bullets in the gun and the hammering pin is filled down, and skydiving can be fun I guess as long as the flight instructor packed a parachute insted of an anvil. and powerlines are pretty safe when your wearing insulated rubber glves and o-yea the power is shut off.
Things are only as dangerous as you make them out to be. Thats why luck favors the prepared SI.
The reasons I'm doing it is because 1 I'm broke 2 I'dont really care because I have the parts and I going to put them to use because the've been great the past 15 years and I dont waste my "food" as leftovers. and 3 I weigh 190 and dought thats enough to break reinforced steel joints spindes for light MX hills and drag racing. Mabey if it was a weak tie-rod I might give you credit but come on. Every one can bash an inovative idea but hardly anyone can defend it. thanks 79bronco and joshrabbit14

confident that you wont wreck, huh? you must not ride hard, or are an over confident idiot. and by the rest of this post, i'd say its probably option 2. and 79 didnt defend you. he agreed with awk. he simply said when he gets his arms built, he might have them incorporate the banshee upper spindles so he can run banshee spindles. not reamed out ghetto rigged banshee spindles.

sorry, i'm in a sh*tty mood today and this post gives me alot to go off of.

I'd much rather be overconfident than the village fool no one takes seriously, ask any of my riding friends and they'll tell you I redline everysingle gear everywhere I'm going. Except when I'm on a utility. "Getto spidles" I dont half ass anything when it comes to something like this It's inconseavable and to important not to for that matter. My grandfather raced dirttrack motorcycles my father sand draged for 15 years, and Ive been back woods racing my friends for 3 out of the 7. There is nothing I take more seriously so far in my life. So please forgive me when I find it an anoyance when someone's telling me I'm the moron who dosent know what he's doing and that the diploma I have in machining and fabrication along with the one saying I'm very proficent in fixing and diagnosing small gas and desiel engine systems I worked for 3 years on are hardly worth the paper their printed on.
Really sorry to i'm in a sh*tty mood the last three days my grangmother just got off dialisys and it's been really stressing everyone out. Plus Chaparral had my new hood on backorder then it was the wrong color Red so now I'm gonna have to wait an extra week on that adding time to fixing the blaster I should have had finished 3 weeks ago.

Being confident you won't wreck is a great way to get your neck broken , don't piss off fate . I Recently bought a scope rail for my sks , its supposed to be a simple file to fit stock receiver cover . by the time I had whittled that oversized blob of pig iron down it was hardly held on by 2 thin front tabs and a rear pin keyway that was looser than a high street hooker . and I'm supposed to put that biotch near my face and pull the trigger on a 7.62mm round? LOL . RIGGIN sh*t will get you f*cked up . Bottom line .

Being confident you won't wreck is a great way to get your neck broken , don't piss off fate . I Recently bought a scope rail for my sks , its supposed to be a simple file to fit stock receiver cover . by the time I had whittled that oversized blob of pig iron down it was hardly held on by 2 thin front tabs and a rear pin keyway that was looser than a high street hooker . and I'm supposed to put that biotch near my face and pull the trigger on a 7.62mm round? LOL . RIGGIN sh*t will get you f**cked up . Bottom line .

Yea I hear you a 30-06 710 remington is big enough for me. As for rigging I don't cut corners in any way (in all seriousness) I do expect to get the job done on time as expected for my self to be satisfied. I imagine you along with everyone else don't like to keep others waiting or having others waiting on you........but it is going to happen I dont have another choice for the time being. I'm going to get used to e'm and if I still feel uncomfortable I'll simply switch back if I really have to by switching the uppers.who knows I still have to finish

Lolol ive been quite rough on these I ride on big rocks downs the power lines all the time it hit rocks hard all the time and never have had any trouble but like said its just an opinion and mine is that they are fine lol I:I no need to fight about it

I feel the exact same way I dont enjoy arguing or fighting anymore than the next person.........I posted this hopeing people wouldent feel like I was raining on norman420's parade and offer a solution that I didet think any one could offer and being taboo....:( Sorry jeaz

Consider my parade never rained on. I can appreciate anyone trying to save a buck. I am quite happy that I have given Blaster owners another option for getting the ATV's stopped. The factory drum set-up was a joke and the fact that Yamaha stuck with it for 15 years baffles me. The parts used for the conversion were available from the early '90s.

N

Reactions: Racer51
Well I have been down every road possible with spindles.I currently run reamed shee spindles on one bike and norman spindles on another.Both with aftermarket a-arms.I have done the drilled and tapped shee spindles also.I will say I had no problems with the drilled shee spindles.The camber gets thrown off a bit but worked well for what I needed.Norman420 spindles,03-06 spindles,shee spindles(if reamed correctly), are the way to go for sure.Hands down the best options out there.Racer unfortunately your write up has been done already.lol here is some hydro write ups on the net and I have tried them all and my opinion is from doing all these methods.Heres your links

ATV Riders Forum - How To: Convert Blaster Drums To Hydro Disks

Hydraulic Front Brakes

Well I have been down every road possible with spindles.I currently run reamed shee spindles on one bike and norman spindles on another.Both with aftermarket a-arms.I have done the drilled and tapped shee spindles also.I will say I had no problems with the drilled shee spindles.The camber gets thrown off a bit but worked well for what I needed.Norman420 spindles,03-06 spindles,shee spindles(if reamed correctly), are the way to go for sure.Hands down the best options out there.Racer unfortunately your write up has been done already.lol here is some hydro write ups on the net and I have tried them all and my opinion is from doing all these methods.Heres your links

ATV Riders Forum - How To: Convert Blaster Drums To Hydro Disks

Hydraulic Front Brakes

So it does throw the camber off like i thought on the stock a-arms.. BUT if i get some ASR +3 UP 1 PRO X A-ARMS with a banshee upper ball joint and full caster and camber adjustment it wont be a problem???

So it does throw the camber off like i thought on the stock a-arms.. BUT if i get some ASR +3 UP 1 PRO X A-ARMS with a banshee upper ball joint and full caster and camber adjustment it wont be a problem???

above/\/\/\/\ myusername claims it is still a problem with his asr's

The red one has banshee spindles. Blue and black is stock drums with wheels flipped.

Attachments

• 2011-08-27_13-53-04_916.jpg
    2011-08-27_13-53-04_916.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 186
let me post a pic of my asr setup. the bottom balljoint is adjusted all the way in, the upper is adjusted about halfway out. thats as far as i'm willing to go considering i do alot of jumping and such. plus, both joints all the way in with the stock blaster spindles, there was no angle, the tires were straight up and down.

plus, i noticed that when the suspension is compressed with the banshee spindles, the tires turn inwards towards eachother. i tried to get a video of it, but there is noone else home and i cant film while i'm bouncing up and down on the front bumper to compress it.

anyways, there are just too many negatives for me to run this setup.

i just got my 2003 hydro spindles in today from sonia_69, $40 shipped to my door. the banshee spindles will now go in the scrap pile.

0827111436a.jpg

0827111436.jpg

0827111434.jpg