banshee axle

The 02 and older Blaster has a sliding brake hub. 03 up Blaster don't, so you will need a Banshee brake hub for it to work.

The wheel hubs are a fit, but the brake rotor on a pre 03 needs to be swapped for a Banshee one.

Post 03 the Shee axle is a direct swap.

yes it has been discussed many times. if you put the banshee axle on your pre 03 and end up with a "fixed" rotor along with a "fixed" caliper, you're going to have problems. by "fixed" i mean not moving from side to side. THERE IS A REASON YAMAHA MAKES AT LEAST ONE OF THOSE ITEMS "FLOAT".

yes it has been discussed many times. if you put the banshee axle on your pre 03 and end up with a "fixed" rotor along with a "fixed" caliper, you're going to have problems. by "fixed" i mean not moving from side to side. THERE IS A REASON YAMAHA MAKES AT LEAST ONE OF THOSE ITEMS "FLOAT".

No need to get your knickers in a knot.

The wheel hubs are a fit, but the brake rotor on a pre 03 needs to be swapped for a Banshee one.

Post 03 the Shee axle is a direct swap.

Did this not make sense.

As said you will need either a basnhee,warrior,03-06 blaster brake hub and the banshee axle.All the other parts on the axle are a direct swap,hubs,brake rotor,sprocket hub and sprocket,axle nuts. If you are still running the mechanical 88-02 rear brakes then there is some jiving that needs to be done on the mount to the caliper.There has been a few ways of doing it.

If it's hydraulic it "floats" on brake pins. If it's 88-02 mechanical then most guys will use longer bolts to let it "float".You are correct in saying if both are fixed and have no movement it is not a good thing.

Blaster brake disk does not fit onto banshee hub!

So either take blaster disk to shop and get the inside diameter circle opend up more, or buy a banshee disk,

Blaster brake disk does not fit onto banshee hub!

So either take blaster disk to shop and get the inside diameter circle opend up more, or buy a banshee disk,

The hell it doesn't!!! A banshee and blaster use the same brake rotor.You must have had an odd ball rotor of some sort.Do I need to go take pics to confirm??:pI:I lol

Banshee axle has the same dimensions and splines as a Blaster, it is a perfect fit.

It fits better than a bum in a bucket!

Just wanted to add some pics to this thread.I was pm'd by a member for some info on using the mechanical cailper with the banshee axle.Figured it was better suited in here for others wondering.This is one method that has been used to let the mechanical caliper slide/float on pins when using the shee axle and brake hub.Some grinding to your existing caliper mount and some new bolts with nylock nuts,etc.To the pics

2vw8ztk.jpg

2l8gkrl.jpg

Reactions: Indread