Banshee Axle isn't a "bolt right in" job!!

Oct 8, 2011
nova scotia
Ive been an onlooker to many threads here that say a banshee axle is a direct bolt in part and that its the most efficient for a cheap wider axle, i picked one up for 50 bucks and decided i would put it in immediately, and this is what i found out. (with just buying a axle no hubs carrier)

z30g5.jpg

359inpe.jpg

theres a collar on the blaster axle that i think keeps it tight aswell as runs with a seal to keep it clean and the brake is just off the side of that which floats.
the banshee on the other had has a fixed roter to the axle with means the disc is apart of everything inside the carrier. the fix for this i assume is adding a spacer in where the collar would of been.
my axles at the machine shop now will get back tomorrow with how it turns out.

A banshee axle needs a banshee/warrior/03 blaster brake hub to work on 88-02 carriers.No need for the machine shop.With the right brake hub it is for sure a bolt in deal.

Just to add this info to this thread for future searches: a banshee axle is a direct swap into a blaster,In order for it to work in 88-02 years you need the bashee,warrior/03-06 blaster brake hub.If you are using the stock mechanical caliper you need longer bolts,some grinding on the caliper,and flip the bracket to make it all line up but will then be a floating style.If it is an 03-06 blaster it is a direct swap,a banshee axle is all you need.All other blaster parts are interchangeable between the banshee and blaster hubs,axle nuts,sprocket hub,sprocket,hub nuts.

Just to add this info to this thread for future searches: a banshee axle is a direct swap into a blaster,In order for it to work in 88-02 years you need the bashee,warrior/03-06 blaster brake hub.If you are using the stock mechanical caliper you need longer bolts,some grinding on the caliper,and flip the bracket to make it all line up but will then be a floating style.If it is an 03-06 blaster it is a direct swap,a banshee axle is all you need.All other blaster parts are interchangeable between the banshee and blaster hubs,axle nuts,sprocket hub,sprocket,hub nuts.

ahaha right on well i guess the banshee brake hub woulda been smart to get too, well ill show yas pics off my little creation on how to use the oridional hub on a banshee axle cuzz thats whats goin on tomorrow ;p thanxs

ahaha right on well i guess the banshee brake hub woulda been smart to get too, well ill show yas pics off my little creation on how to use the oridional hub on a banshee axle cuzz thats whats goin on tomorrow ;p thanxs

Let us know how it turns out.Are you running hydros with this setup? If you ever plan to a floating rotor is not going to be the best option.

Let us know how it turns out.Are you running hydros with this setup? If you ever plan to a floating rotor is not going to be the best option.

atm i got old stock cable on the back but shes seized im talkin to a guy now tryiin to get a 3 plus swingarm and maybe hydro aftermarkit so ya ill get some pics

If you are using the stock mechanical caliper you need longer bolts,some grinding on the caliper,and flip the bracket to make it all line up but will then be a floating style.

Hmmmm.....I did the banshee axle mod recently and just added spacers (4 washers for each bolt) between the disk and hub so the caliper lined up. Seems to work just fine. Am I missing something here?

furjmc.jpg

on any brake system, either the caliper, or disc has to float to accomodate even brake pad wear
on shees and 03+ blasters, the caliper floats on a solid mounted disc
on 88-02 blasters, the disc floats with a solid mounted caliper
and it does not matter if they both float, but at least one or the other has to

on any brake system, either the caliper, or disc has to float to accomodate even brake pad wear
does the kit you make float

does the kit you make float

the gsxr calipers i use mount solid, which is why i chose them, to use with the foating disc of the 88-02 blsters
i've looked at other calipers that float, and cannot see how to use the pins with my brackets for them to float, for use on solid disc axles

the gsxr calipers i use mount solid, which is why i chose them, to use with the foating disc of the 88-02 blsters
i've looked at other calipers that float, and cannot see how to use the pins with my brackets for them to float, for use on solid disc axles
so what if a guy(or gal) wanted to use a awk kit on a shee axle :-/

so what if a guy(or gal) wanted to use a awk kit on a shee axle :-/

that has been done, to some success
mr305 is running that setup, needs 2 spacers to shim the bracket over slightly
but he was using a vented rotor, and the lack of floating, combined with the huge holes in the disc, caused the pad to catch a hole and ripped the whole system off the carrier. i was there at busco with him when it happened, i mailed him a new bracket asap, all my brackets are lifetime guarenteed, you break it,
i replace it
it can be done, pads may wear funny ??? but the dual opposing pistons help with that

got it....thank you, Awk.

ok so got the axle back in this is what i turned out with

oayng7.jpg

294jn1l.jpg

with 2 spacers one being 10 mm and other 15mm wide and exactly 42mm round to fit in the seal u can use your original blaster brake hub on a banshee axle. also including about 12 washers the caliper will bolt back on (my is seized there for show need a floating caliper). after about a 5 minute donut session i figured it was good to go. thanxs for the help and all in all im still goin wit my first thought a banshee AXLE (alone) is not a bolt in part without the BANSHEEE HUBBB lol dont get it twisted ;p .

e13uhf.jpg

that has been done, to some success
mr305 is running that setup, needs 2 spacers to shim the bracket over slightly
but he was using a vented rotor, and the lack of floating, combined with the huge holes in the disc, caused the pad to catch a hole and ripped the whole system off the carrier. i was there at busco with him when it happened, i mailed him a new bracket asap, all my brackets are lifetime guarenteed, you break it,
i replace it
it can be done, pads may wear funny ??? but the dual opposing pistons help with that

so for now If I have mechanical brakes with a awk kit in the future. I wanna get a banshee axle. Do I need to get one with or without the banshee hub. It sounded like that with your system it needs to be a floating disc so that means I need to run the blaster hub on the banshee axle correct?

thanks