Banshee axle in 1989 Blaster

PirateBiker

Jun 24, 2009
Washington State
I have a 1989 Blaster that I am fixing up for my daughter-in-law.
I have a Banshee axle to install in it as I have read that they will install in the carrier, when I install it, it seems to be off center, the axle seems to be sticking about an inch and half further out to the left than to the right.
The Blaster axle appears to have a bushing built into the axle next to the brake hub, but the Banshee axle doesn't have this.
If anyone has made this swap could you please give me some pointers.
Any help anyone could give me would be appreciated.

i think your whole problem is that if you have a 2002 or older blaster, you must use the Banshee brake hub. i am not %100% on this, but i think im right.

The newer 2003-up blasters had the same style carrier as a banshee so it is a direct swap.

i'm considering doin this swap too. i've got an '06 and am hoping that the stock hubs on both sides will work w/ the banshee axle.
will post up results. anyone know the difference in width? i've already got wheel spacers (the good ones) and offset wheels and i don't really want to go too wide....

this is a pick of my banshee rear axle swap but i used the banshee carrier so i could mount my hydro caliper
everythingpics101.jpg

this is a pic of the width with offset t9's its hard to tell with no fender but with the fenders on the tires are almost out the whole way past the fenders
everythingpics107.jpg

this is a pick of my banshee rear axle swap but i used the banshee carrier so i could mount my hydro caliper
everythingpics101.jpg

this is a pic of the width with offset t9's its hard to tell with no fender but with the fenders on the tires are almost out the whole way past the fenders
everythingpics107.jpg

No offense Better you than me.There is no strength in those washers what so ever.That is too unsafe for me to even think about trying.

i'm considering doin this swap too. i've got an '06 and am hoping that the stock hubs on both sides will work w/ the banshee axle.
will post up results. anyone know the difference in width? i've already got wheel spacers (the good ones) and offset wheels and i don't really want to go too wide....

Will work no problem at all.Everything will swap directly over from an 06.Only thing you need is a shee axle.It is 3 1/2 inches longer than stock blaster. 1 3/4 inch per side.

No offense Better you than me.There is no strength in those washers what so ever.That is too unsafe for me to even think about trying.

its not going to be permanent im gonna use a 03-06 carrier when i find one for a decent price but the shee carrier came with the axle and it allowed me to mount the hydro caliper easily and the washers are grade 8 with grade 8 bolts will be fine till i get the other carrier