ball joint ?

yz360

Jan 23, 2009
WNY
so to day i jwas rideing and the nut on the lower a arm ball joint came off and it came off bc the guy i got the blaster from put the wrong nut on there and i took one off my other blaster parts but now the ball joint just spins and i cant tightin it

how do i put the pressure on the ball joint allowing to tighten it......... or how do you take the old ball joints to put new ones jw

You need to get the weight off of the tire. Put something like a milk crate under the front end and as you tighten the nut, push down on the tire.

ya i went back out and the threds are all "jeffed" up from where it tore off so what do i do now

i got another set of a arms but i just cant get the other nut off its stuck can i heat it up to expand the nut??????

Try an impact gun...that ways it will spin the nut faster than the ball joint....or get a ball joint fork and stick it in between the spindle and the lower a arm....that way you can get pressure on it and then you can get it off.

I only know all of this because I have having more problems with ball joints than you really want to know.