bad crank bearing rebuild?

Surfrjag

Mar 18, 2010
chesapeake, va
1st off this is a question about a banshee im considering purchasing. they guy says it has a bad crank on one side or the bearing (not really clear)and it can be rebuilt so he says.. its got a hotrods +4 crank. is it possible to rebuild something like this or do i need to buy a new crank? also if it did go bad is there a good chance that i messed up something else inside the crankcakes or transmission? thanks for any help.

Anything can happen inside.You never know till you open it up.The crank can be rebuilt and is a good idea to have it trued and welded at the same time.These cranks are not cheap either.

yeah that's a scary thing to get into. is it really really cheap? It could cost you a grand or so depending on how bad the problem acctually is to get it running again

ill be checkin it out in person wed. so ill hopefully be getting it trued and welded by someone locally so i can make it to busco by laborday weekend, if not then to flowtek! and beyond!!! lol

Those cranks have inner and outer bearings. You should change them all. The inner webs and the crank pins are integral so if the pis are bad, your going to have to buy webs. Hot rods sells them. The crank will run you about $650 for the parts and labor on the high end. Less if the webs can be saved.

flotek... right. thanks boy and thanks oconnor. ill be checkin it out. hopefully its not too trashed. im gettting a deal on the bike because its not running but hopefully its not going to cost a fortune to repair. can any good machine shop do this work or is recomended that i find a reputable vendor??

The crank will run 435 plus a rebuild kit. Another 300 for new pistons if needed. Splitting the cases is easy. So for less than a grand you can get it up and running. My 4 mill hauls ass.