axle suggestions

Awk08

Administrator
Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009
what width axle is gonna match up to my asr +3' a-arms
i want the same width out back as in the front,
i'm running stock banshee/yfz rims, so whatever that offset is ???
and no, i don't want a banshee axle, i want brand new A/M
i'm seein +1-+3 and some starting at +3 -??

so the asr's add 6 inches up front, and a + 3 axle will add the same in the back ???
damn thats awful wide, for not even needing to add width, i have never had my bike on 2 side wheels no matter how hard i ride, just did this cause i stole the arms for $125

awk i just measured mine for ya, i have +3's. my front is 46" in front and 48 1/2" in the rear. i have a 2+2 durablue and im on +4 on the rear so a +2 is gonna get you the closest off my measurement right at a half inch.

i dont know the offset of the stock shee/yfz rims, i'll have to check next time i'm down, i wanna keep this as narrow as possible, i got tight bike trails i ride with my buddies on bikes, and like i said, i didnt need the width

awk all my wheels are yfz and they are stock offset so more than likely yours are too. a +2 should put you right where u need it.

those look like beadlocks in the sig pic ??????

Were you running your front rims flipped before? Were the front and back tires lined up before?

Flipping the front rims adds about 2 3/4" on the front on each side so +3 arms are going to be very similar with the wheels flipped stock side out. One of the reasons I made my a-arms +3, you can run the rims regular and the front and back wheels are the same width but it takes WAY less effort to turn with the rims un-flipped.

not sure on the flipped, i just put the yfz fronts on and only rode once, i know they're not flipped, my backs may be ??? i forget

sell your asr arms and get some lonestar arms, they are +2 and look pretty damn good

and in imho you arnt gunna notice the 6" being to wide as much as you are gunna notice the stability

i dont need stable, i know how to ride

Hey Homie Here is a pic of the Durablue I got off of Freek. It's almost 3 inches longer each side. Not sure if it helps ya or not I can measure how wide it is wit the tires on if ya need it.

axle-001.jpg

just ship it to me with the bill, i'll let you know how wide it is !!!!!

I'm not talkin about the wifes ass!

Ship hell I know my way there!! BTW just measured tire to tire I'm at 50".

wide axle, wide ass, bring them both !!!!!

The g-force comes with spacers also to help you get it where you want it.Been a great axle for me so far.I run +2+1 arms with the fronts flipped(flush mount stems) witht he g-force axle and I have it set up pretty damn good.