Are you Skilled enough?

I feel for you man, but it is a lot like 89custom says. You dont have to be smart , just common sense. Lay stuff out, put it in bags, have a book next to you. I work on forklifts for a living and I have my books out all the time. I can admit it that I dont know it all and so I use my resources. Putting a motor in or swingarm in, you could do it. The shop guy sounds like a prick to you. sh*t bring it to me and I would of helped you out for some beer.

i work on all of my own quads banshee,raptor 660,warrior, and of course my blaster and the best thing to have is the manual i mean they might cost a little bit but its always better to have if i am doing something i am unfamiliar with i read over the section once then go out to my garage have it there handy with me while i am performing the fix then read it again to make sure everything was done right never rush anything and never be hesitant to ask questions

i think its best to label sh*t, and have some kind of idea what you are doing. If you know how to spin a ratchet, or wrench you got the elements right there.

Yea but that aint the tough sh*t....no where near close to it ethier!!! Dude btw can u help me....on my brake in it seemed everytime i tried to start it it would take more and more kicks to start...then the last time i tried it wouldnt!!! when i try to pop the clutch down a hill it almost starts but not quite and the wheels dont lock up ethier.....is this due to poor compression???

I'd say that ur compression is going downhill. has it gotten easier to kick? thats a definate sign. you'll still want to check it with a guage. or just rebuild it for the heck of it.

i do feel bad for you mechanics out there when someone brings something in that they've messed up. HOWEVER, i think that is one of the problems with America today (lol). even tho things get messed up i think it is better to know something about the machine your using. take all these women (no offence) that drive cars. i'm not bashing on women or anything, but most women just have no idea how things work, then when the simplest thing goes wrong they have to stop the whole world and get someone to come help them that usually takes advantage of the situation and charges them out the butt for it.

so i think it's good to mess things up in the garage a little, then when you get out on the road, if something happens you can help yourself.

and maybe it's just me, but i like workin on motors. and would rather do it myself and know no corners were cut (or at least know WHICH corners were cut, lol) and save the few hundred $$ that someone else would have charged me.

although, sometimes, it's just not worth the frustration hahah.