Anyone run the shearer inframe pipe?

yfz450bence

May 26, 2009
Oregon
I bought this pipe a while back on ebay for really cheap, it was new. My impressions, and butt dyno said, this pipe had nice throttle response, average mid range and poor top end with not much rev out. was jetted correctly, i dont know where people get the idea that this is a mid to top end pipe, great for tight trails, it reminded me of the stock pipe. but for the dunes it wasnt that good, i wanted to rev out more and it didnt. switched back to the pro circut i had a the time and it had much better mid to top, but not as much bottem end. i run the cpi pipe now, much better pipe. what do you guys that have one think of it? i dont have it anymore. pic of the cpi on left and shearer on right.

Attachments

• DSC00001.jpg
    DSC00001.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
personally, i havent heard anything solid about them. just a couple oh i bought one its nice. nothing detailed, almost like it was nice at first then meh its just average. thats what im getting. also, not trying to put it on the spot, but the people closer to the designer are really pushing it with not alot of other feedback.

dont get me wrong it has its place, everyone has there opinion, and that was mine. if mid-top end is what you want then i wouldnt get a shearer, its a low to mid pipe for sure, not mid to top. cool sounding, very good off the line throttle response, i cant tell you what makes more power on a dyno, its not a bad pipe, just an average pipe to me. notice how you dont see the shearer pipe stacked up against fat bastard, cpi etc, they are all seperate dynos of the shearer pipe, in general skinny pipes like that will have low end power, like the dg pipe, and most people dont talk good of the dg.

i know fer the shee's there top notch...i get eaten up all the time by others with those pipes...but i have a feeling there just like dmc's or a fat bastard pipe...only good with certain set-ups

First, if you search Sharer pipe or research some posts by Angus Kennedy (Kennedy_power) he has done dyno pulls on bikes using many different pipe. He has them all to compare. The Shearer pipe pulls more evenly than all of the other pipes he tested.

Also, as far as the Shearer pipe having no top end that is not true. Also, what do you need top end for when you are trail riding? When trail riding you want to be able to pull out of corners and stuff like that. You want bottom end power. You want top end power when you are drag racing or for the dunes.

I personally have the shearer pipe and I love it. It sounds great, pulls hard where I need it. Great pipe over all and much better than a pro circuit or FMF. Have not run Vitos or Dyno port so I cant compare those.

i like my shearer. it allows the motor to spin to 9,000 rpm's, so it doesn't have quite the over rev a pro circuit or perhaps toomey has, but it comes on super strong.