Aftermarket Clutch help

ismokedit1

May 17, 2011
Im new to this a little boggled.I have an 06 blaster and I bought it and i belive the clutch is bad.It starts winds up fine but dont wanna go anywhere in high rpms and its kinda hard to go in gear.If not clutch I can use some suggestions.I got an aftermarket clutch from driveline IM not sure the which order to put clutches. It has on smaller fiber(clutch) do you start w that then metal.Whats the exact order?And when you tighten the plate how tight do you go?Do you just tighted to you feel movement on the arm.And last I dont see any marks on the clutch to line up.Some one help me out It would be greatly appreciated

http://www.blasterforum.com/general-support-17/downloadable-yamaha-blaster-manual-17325/

Start by downloading the factory service manual and reading the clutch section. It has step by step instructions for disassembly, reassembly, and adjustment of the clutch.

The a few pointers the manual doesn't cover: the driveline HD clutch kit includes the 6 steels and 8 fibers (count them to confirm) but your blaster only needs 6 steels and 7 fibers. They include the half thickness fiber for folks who prefer to run the wave washer (which you don't) and a full thickness for those who don't want to replace their clutch again in a year after the half thickness fiber wears out. Count to make sure you've got 7 full thickness fibers and 1 half thickness fiber, and then throw the half thickness fiber in the garbage can.

Starting from the inside out the order should start with a fiber and then alternate steels and fibers until you're all out. It should end with a fiber...

Soak the fibers in whatever gear oil you're going to be running when you get it all back together for AT LEAST an hour (better longer) to make sure they are coated good with oil before they go together. If they're not, they'll run dry and burn up.

Is there a particular way these have to be lined up I know they say to keep all the sharp edges one way.AS far as clockwise?And how to tighten plate.Thank you

Sounds like you need to tighten the cable. Cable clutch right?

the clutch cable adjustment is just that.........it only adjusts the cable due to stretching,
it is not for adjusting the clutch
and is probably a leading cause of premature clutch wear

the clutch adjustment is the rod/nut in the center of the clutch basket