? about trail riding with a Blaster?

HighwayJunkie

Apr 8, 2009
Valley City, OH
Ok....I am heading up to Michigan this week for a 4 wheeling trip. I am going with a few other quads. My two buddies have a Polaris 500 and a Honda 400ex and they both tell me I am not going to make it, that I will get stuck all the time because of ground clearance! :( Now I am worried about getting stuck or messing up my quad. I have a chain guard, and skidplates, my blaster is set up for racing its wider than stock and thats what scares me. How is a Blaster offroad? I have never been anywhere except my fields and a small wooded area thats flat. :(

well youl l still not be as wide as a predaterd ,youll be underpowered but you shouldnt have to o much trouble if a 400ex can make you should be okay in most cases ,unless its a really steep hill

Last edited:
I haven't had any problems trail riding my blaster and I don't even run a skid plate. I've just got to be careful. You should be fine with yours

where are you going? My G/F and her step brother both have blasters and they both seem to do just as well as any other sport quad and there both stock.

im willin to bet there just the 'our quads are better than yours' type ppl... fk um!! ride it and have fun.. if you get stuck your light enough to pull your self out.. if they get stuck they will be asking you for help

im willin to bet there just the 'our quads are better than yours' type ppl... fk um!! ride it and have fun.. if you get stuck your light enough to pull your self out.. if they get stuck they will be asking you for help

Well, the guy with the 400ex was the worst lol, until I shut him up a couple days ago, but the polaris is a torque monster and he is only used to utility quads, the way I see it is it will just take alittle more work and focus to ride instead of being on a polaris and putting it in gear and pushing the throttle. But thats the fun of trail riding right!?!

what trails are you going to?

Well, I am not planing this trip, all I know is its about one hour from the Mackinaw Bridge, aparently is pretty far north. I can let you know Monday cuz thats when we are meeting up to discuss final plans! I am totally psyched because I have never been up to Michigan to trail ride, aparently they are planing a power line trip!

yeah, youll be fine, if you have bigger tires put them on for more ground clearance but if not youll still do fine, i trail ride alot and always with bigger quads, z400/400ex/raptors, and i go anywhare they can and sometimes more

one of my buddies has a predator 500 he said when i got up to top speed he had to give her all she had to pass but he still left in top end. another one of my buddies has a blaster and we all trail ride like every weekend you will do fine those predators r heavy so if he get stuck he cant just pic it up and move it around like we can

Yeah his 500 weighs a ton, the 400 isnt lite either! Thanks for the input guys, I was frustrated because my friends b/s was getting alittle deep and I didnt bring boots!

I noticed when trail riding I get stuck more than the wider quads. even though the center height is about the same the wider axles grip the outsides of the ruts better and avoid getting high centered. My blaster is stock width so I get stuck because most of the ruts on trails are deep and not to wide.

Im gonna get some spacers soon.

All I do is trail ride and I have no problems.There is alot of ugly terrain around me and some deep ruts.Just give it more gas and ride it out.lol

I noticed when trail riding I get stuck more than the wider quads. even though the center height is about the same the wider axles grip the outsides of the ruts better and avoid getting high centered. My blaster is stock width

I don't have to worry about that then lol I definitely NOT stock width!

l_45cea0af93d243f6b855dbbb7938d285.jpg

Ok....I am heading up to Michigan this week for a 4 wheeling trip. I am going with a few other quads. My two buddies have a Polaris 500 and a Honda 400ex and they both tell me I am not going to make it, that I will get stuck all the time because of ground clearance! :( Now I am worried about getting stuck or messing up my quad. I have a chain guard, and skidplates, my blaster is set up for racing its wider than stock and thats what scares me. How is a Blaster offroad? I have never been anywhere except my fields and a small wooded area thats flat. :(

I would take off the nerfs because when I am on the trail the nerfs get hung up on logs and chit.

trails arnt bad, im all stock but there fun and thats about all i ride, there fun because you can whip em around real easy and there light so if you do get stuck its reall easy to get em out, i like it more then my raptor for trails id say

Sounds pretty fun. Weve thought about taking our quads up there riding sometime. Itd be about a 12 or so hour drive for us, but we do that in the winter pulling a 26ft trailer in white outs with 4 people and 4 sleds on board. If you find out where, post it up because we might just make a trip up there if i get a quad or dad buys another Foreman. Weve always wanted to go up and ride in the summer.