A lil help ?

heatlbj6

Mar 16, 2012
Ct
I started my bike today let it warm up for about 15 has a 300 main jet but when I started to ride it seems like the choke is out when I hit it wot it just doesn't feel right any suggestions and I know the choke is not out

Im just stating what i just did five minutes ago... i got another blaster and it ran like crap like what yours sounds like but worse.. i took carb off and cleaned it well and now first kick she runs great.. when was last time you cleaned carb/ air filter....big temp change since last ridden??? Id clean the carb n jets... i did same thing to my other blaster while i was out there n wow what a difference again n that one i thought ran great but even better now...i also had a loose carb clamp on boot.. i don't know how you are with your machine but it pays to check the basics every now and again..i usually get on and go but that 10 min (two beers) saved me allot... check the basics.maybe leak test...best of luck..

a list of mods you have may help. 300 seems a little high if your just lightly modded and maybe its running too rich. did you just put the 300 main in or did you have it before?

15 minutes is way too long to allow it to warm up, was it just sitting there idleling that whole time ??
might have fouled a plug, try a new one.

and do a plug chop, that 300 may be way too rich for DG pipe.
history on here shows the DG pipe only requires slightly more main jetting than a stock pipe.
try starting at a 270 and work down to a 260 and 250.

but, what jetting you find with a plug chop today at 50 degress, WILL fry that motor on sunday in 20 degree weather.
IT MUST BE REJETTED FOR TEMP CHANGES !
EXAMPLE.. that 300 main was installed in 10 degree weather, it is now 50 degrees there today, it must be rejetted for those temp changes
and you have to learn to do that yourself.

have you changed or cleaned that filthy air cleaner a little birdy told me it had in it ?

I don't have a dg any I have a pro circuit head mod port and polish v force 4s air lid on

300 is prolly still too rich for that pro circut pipe, with the lid on, in the temps you had today.
try a 270/280 and plug chop them to confirm rich or lean.
if you plug chop/jet that bike today, it will fry in 20- degree temps, you either have to constantly rejet for these varying temps,
or better yet, do as i do...leave it sit till the temps get more consistant.

did you clean or replace and oil that airfilter ?

I ran a 320 with a pro circuit, reeds, no lid. So prolly a 290 maybe with yous?

300 is prolly still too rich for that pro circut pipe, with the lid on, in the temps you had today.
try a 270/280 and plug chop them to confirm rich or lean.
if you plug chop/jet that bike today, it will fry in 20- degree temps, you either have to constantly rejet for these varying temps,
or better yet, do as i do...leave it sit till the temps get more consistant.

did you clean or replace and oil that airfilter ?

i have a 300 in my bike and it has a dg