'98 BLASTER RUNS, BOGS OUT

S

seans919

My '98 blaster will not accelerate and runs like it has the choke on all the time. I cleaned the carb and replaced the needle and seat as well as the main and pilot jets. All passages seem to be clean and the gas is fresh. In neutral it will rev much higher than when in gear. Any sugestions would be a great help! thanks in advance.

do u have ur airbox lid removed? if not thats why when it idles its fine but in gear, under a load, it is starving for air and bogs out!

I have the same problem with my 98 blaster and i put new piston and rings in and reeds but did not change jetting it runs till it gets hot then it boggs out then eventually fouls plugs

My '98 blaster will not accelerate and runs like it has the choke on all the time. I cleaned the carb and replaced the needle and seat as well as the main and pilot jets. All passages seem to be clean and the gas is fresh. In neutral it will rev much higher than when in gear. Any sugestions would be a great help! thanks in advance.

drop your main jet one size

did you finetune your carberator? maybe you have it unscrewed too far and it sits at too high of rpms.. thats what mine had a problem with whn i start it p it revs kinda medium but after about 20 sconds of idle time it simmers down to a fairly smooth low idle