98 blaster getting no spark

Dirtydan

Dec 30, 2016
Hey guys i have a 98 blaster thats getting absolutely nospark what so ever. I dont know what to do i changed out the stator changed out the cdi box changed the plugs re wired it. It runs strong as heck considering fresh rebuild bottom and top and just seems like the connection just goes away otherwise bike runs like a beast does anyone have a suggestion for me (it also has a tors unit on it but i have it disconnected) anything helps thanks guys

Try disconnecting the 2 key hook ups. (Will start without key)
Take a multi meter and test both ends of each wire to see if there are any shorts.
Look over all connections to make sure all colors/stripes match up.
Look over all grounds to make sure they make contact with the frame. (no paint in between)
Test spark plug boot for tears or rips and make sure its not shorted.

Check grounds to make sure it is getting a good earth ground.
Unscrew the plug wire from the coil and cut it back 3/8 inch and reinstall it. Also check plug boot is getting a good connection.

What does "changed the plugs re wired it" mean. Did you have to cut into the harness or change the cdi plug from a newer year?

Last question would be what stator did you change it out with. Oem is the only way to go. Do not (i hope u didn't) buy one of ebays junk $35 stators from caltric,rm stator, etc etc The are pure junk and known to not work out of the box.

I changed the spark plugs and re wired all the connections changed the stator to the adjustable timing one which i believe is the oem one i think its 80 bucks online im gona check the kill switch and earth ground now

Ended up being the earth ground guys thanks for the help and a happy new year bikes running bad ass again

Where the earth ground? Have the same exact issue with my 98 n did the same exact stuff hoping to fix it