97 SUZUKI DR 350 ENDURO who knows about them

NEONNIGHT34609

Dec 19, 2010
FLORIDA
i am thinking of getting a NICE used 97 SUZUKI DR 350 ENDURO i can get it for under a grand it seems to run well but might need a carb cleaning. the bike looks great for the year and for sure seen more time on the road then on the trails. does anyone know first hand about these bikes ?

going tomorrow to look at it / get it. he was on vacation and needed to get a duplicate title because he lost the original. he said it needs tires soon, a speedo cable and carb kit ( crappy idle ). the bike seems to be all original and all there it has around 5900 miles on it. 5200 on the clock before the cable broke a few months back while he was using it daily till his truck was fixed. he seems like a nice honest good ole boy told me there's 100 acres of his property i can ride in it all day before i buy it if i want. he said the lowest he will take is 700.. i cant even find a Chinese knock off for that around here. so i think the price is more then fair for what i want to do with it i want to use it for local trails and to and from work about 10ish miles. i have a Harley but cant trail ride with that haha. any other ideas of what to look at with this bike ? i would love to do a compression test but thats really not a must for a 4 stoke with such low miles is it ?

you should be fine, it's an older bike back when things were made to last. just look to see that it doesn't smoke and listen for any engine noises and you're set.

is valve train noise expected in these motors ? being a 4 stroker and air cooled. i have not heard one in person but on youtube they all sound like they have alittle noise to them. kinda like the tell tail blaster rattle haha...

they may have a small amount of noise but they shouldn't be real loud. the cooling fins might rattle some as well but not sure. as long as you don't keep it bouncing off the rev limiter you won't have any trouble with it haha