70mph

Rebelsoul556

Jul 4, 2013
Hey guys what kind of cheap mods can I do to my 2001 blaster to make it run around 65-70 I think it runs around 62 but u haven't tested it out I have a home ported head and a k and n air filter

Hey guys what kind of cheap mods can I do to my 2001 blaster to make it run around 65-70 I think it runs around 62 but u haven't tested it out I have a home ported head and a k and n air filter

You can get a blaster to those speeds with the correct gearing, correct tire size, with lots of porting and aftermarket parts to accomadate the porting. May I ask why you want to run 65-70 mph on the blaster? Holding a blaster wide open for any period of time is not a good thing. Do you have a home ported head or a home ported cylinder? Sounds like time for a good aftermarket pipe setup and a slightly larger carb.

Not real site I just want to go that fast I like racing people and I'm tires of on a 1/4 mile getting caught at the end,it a home ported cylinder and why do you say no to hold it wide open for very long

Not real site I just want to go that fast I like racing people and I'm tires of on a 1/4 mile getting caught at the end,it a home ported cylinder and why do you say no to hold it wide open for very long

Two stroke

Gets hot (air cooled)

Blows up

You cant hold wide throttle for very long... I only ever go half throttle (in sixth), unless im racing.

Providing you are running the correct oil ratio (20 - 25:1) for a motor under 200ccs, and the jetting is correct (to provide adequate cooling) and there is sufficient air passing through the fins of the head and barrel , there should be no reason that a Blaster motor could not be run WOT for extended periods.

Will they blow up over time or just all at once,and I'm getting a full toomey b1 kit how much will that help

probably the same thing.... pipes kind of just go nicely with mods, they help some but dont make a huge difference by themselves. usually just change where the power really comes on.

Going back over a year now I speed tested my blue blaster.. basically with a filter and Pro circuit pipe, 14/40 gearing and 20" rears I hit 65mph on gps... but I don't understand why everyone want's top speed so bad? my 500cc predator only does 10-15mph more than the blaster.. yet even if I limited it to 65mph it would still kill the blaster all day every day.. IMO .. if you wonna win races it's acceleratin you need...

Going back over a year now I speed tested my blue blaster.. basically with a filter and Pro circuit pipe, 14/40 gearing and 20" rears I hit 65mph on gps... but I don't understand why everyone want's top speed so bad? my 500cc predator only does 10-15mph more than the blaster.. yet even if I limited it to 65mph it would still kill the blaster all day every day.. IMO .. if you wonna win races it's acceleratin you need...

yeah i dont understand peoples need for top speed, its torque and acceleration you want I:I