6 mil stroker

mpblaster287

Jan 30, 2008
im supposed to pick up a 6 mil stroker crank from a guy i know cheap....ive heard bad things about the 6 mils being time bombs...anyone have any experince with them? im looking to build a drag blaster and i wanna go big with it. 6 mil with a 240 top end ported blah blah blah and going to try to build a custom frame for it also but the motor is the main concern. is the 6 mil bad news? also anyone running lock out clutches and override trannys?

the only "bad" thing about the 6 mill is the cases get paper thin, if you have ome one weld extra metasl to the outside of the cases it solves your problem. and i've always wanted to do a 6 mil longrod 265 nikasil liner drag quaad but itsd the funds.

I am under the impression that the 6mm stroker is a Vito quality crank and you have to trench the case. I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE but i heard you may not have to trench any more on the 6mm then the 4mm stroker because the bottom part of the rod that you have to trench for is thinner and weaker on the 6mm. I dont recommend doing any welding to any case unless you HAVE to because the heat may warp it and it may never seal right again... And give Ken O,Connor a call...

Okay ive asked this questions a few times. Is it a actually 6 mm stroke crank right? Just curiouse becuase i had a guy of craigslist say he had a +6 crank that they dont make anymore and i laughed i feel like a ass.

Ya they were made just like 265, and 280 big bore kits. Not made anymore for decreased interest and more problems than not. The 2 mention cylinders where discontinued for being very prone to overheating issues if not tuned to the tiniest detail. All I know about the 6 mil strokers is that they require trenching. +4 strokers also require trenching. Do the math, if the +4 needs trenching, there aint much room for a +6 even with trenching. I've heard they make the cases very thin to fit the +6 crank, but not 100%.

yea ive heard all this. im looking to anyone that has actually run one. and im not out to be the fastest blaster on the planet or even this site, just looking to turn a few heads. i have a 3 mil in my mx blaster with a ported 240 airsal cylinder and it runs great. I wanna build a 6 mil dragster. ive haerd of the problems and all that im just looking for some info from people with drag blasters like storkedtatar. i know rdz makes the lock out clutch and override tranny...anyone using that stuff? is it a must? I know cp customs used to have a 6 mil and all that stuff but thier website doesnt work anymore. and dont bother wasting time telling me to call all the engine builders like someone else said lets not turn this into a builder battle. right now im just looking for info from people who have built and are runing some drag blasters. how much would a custom frame run? like on the purple and black one? hit me up with some info. thanks guys

1995 blaster I would be cautious and have it measured along with a stock one and see for your self. They are out there there kinda like a unicorn when you do it's will be the luckiest day of your life not to mention if you actually get it. Also is it the whole thing or just the rod for you? As for the thin cases why not add a good amount of metal on the outside of it after it's done being trenched or make a case specific guard for it to protect it.

racer 51, its not the outside of the case, its the inside that seperates the trans from the crank, it gets REALLY thin in there

I know that. I'm saying could you add an equal amount of material lost on the inside of the cases to the outside so it stays about the same thickness as you started but can use the stroker because the inside would have had been trenched to accomidate it.

The thinnest spot is by the dowel pin hole and then between the crank and the balancer... This is for the 4mm.....

006-9.jpg

006-8.jpg

002-9.jpg