465IT rebuilt and ready to run

i have a feeling that Paulie B is going to like this blaster, especially since it has a bigger motor then his! nice swap for sure bro can't wait to see a vid of it! and those raptor plastics and 03+ hood go together so smoothly it almost looks like one big piece for the front end instead of 3 seperate pieces. rep given for a clean swap and nice blaster!

Heres some closer up pics of the top end and the front mount.

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

Its not the most professional looking finish but it works great and that's about all that matters since its still got to go back under the knife at one point to add the 3rd mount from the bottom of the motor, but since my welder reassured me that the only way the motor was coming off was if the frame came with it.

IMG_0210.jpg

If anyone knows.... or is someone that can build a new front expansion chamber. I have dimensions of what id need let me know im very interested in any help

Also i got some quick pics of the 5 blasters as requested

http://www.blasterforum.com/off-topic-7/class-pics-5-blasters-39383/#post492352

most def glad to show

Nice job man.....just yesterday I saw a 81 yamaha yz465h on craigslist for 150... the guy new nothin about it or if it even ran.....I hesitated only a few hours and someone else picked it up...from what I saw that motor makes close to 50hp?? Correct me if I'm wrong...

I like! Pretty much what I want to do but got side tracked by a Shee haha. Interesting you didn't have to cut the front frame rails or raise the gas tank.
I have a YZ465 in the garage jes waiting incase I get around to it. How are the vibes?
You need to go totally through that motor it's at least 30 years old. Do a crank re-build, porting, reeds, and need carb if you want to reach anywhere near it's real fun level.
Nice bike brother. Looking forward to some vids ;)

Thank you all for the response and the rep. As far as the motor rattle goes it does have a bit more buzzzzzzzz as i call it. But its all worth it in the end when you go blowing past the 240 blaster in 3rd gear up a hill reaching for 4th. However im still going to be in the market for a blaster soon hopefully so i can have a 240 and a 465 blaster.

But who knows since i still have alot of tuning still to work out since the motor was built to power a dirt bike and not the 4 wheeled quad its in. So after a gear ratio change and the full motor rebuild i may not want a 240.

Does anyone have any gearing expertise and what would you recommend as far as gearing goes? I have thought about it and since its at a 14/40 tooth now i was going to change it to 14/44.... comments.... remarks.... any help helps

There are no ideal gears- it's more of a personal preference kinda thing. You prolly notice that you don't really have to shift much with the massive torque of the motor.
Like my snow video on youtube I keep mine in 3rd pretty much the whole time with gettin into 4th on some open stretches. If you miss shifting go with a 13/40 if you like less shifting and higher speed it should pull a 15/40 combo very easy. I've had 17/40's on mine without problems.
What pipe do you have? How is the powerband? Is it 4 or 5 speed?
The YZ's 465 or 490 close ratio gear train is a simple drop in deal if you don't like the IT's wide ratio.

What I did with the transmission was run a IT465 1st thru 4th with a YZ465 5th and ue a YZ490 primary gear and clutch basket gear with 15/44 sprockets. should be interesting as its got prettywell spaced gears and a short primary ratio

id like to know more about your fender mods.

force fitting the raptor fenders was a bit of work. first i started with the rear and made small shavings to get them to line up.... I did use the blaster airbox from the original set of plastics and form fitted the plastics around it.....

PAULIE--- I dont miss shifting however i do miss the torque and top end i can get from a blaster bored out to .40 over.... The pipe is a stock to stock.... meaning the person who started this build many years ago did all the work... But from what i see on that is it goes from a stock baffle(465) and moulded to fit with the stock blaster baffle... I would like to get a nice shiny chrome one made for the beast, But lack of knowledge on what to do and lack of people i know that can do it keeps me grounded right now...

VIDEOS ARE COMING.... I AM VERY SAD SINCE I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT THE BEAST FOR OVER A MONTH AND THE ONLY THING IVE DONE IS FIRE IT UP AND RIDE IT DOWN MY STREET THEN PUT IT AWAY ALL FAST BEFORE THE 5.0 COMES ROLLING BY....

The top-end high rpm zippy revs from a 200 blasty you'll never get. You missing the torque tells me there is some thing wrong.
Even the the stock motor/ stock pipe combo should make double the torque of a 200 blaster.
Can it be possible the other guy didn't fab up the pipe right?
The right pipe is critical to even get the numbers the old motor should be putting out back in the day which isn't that much HP really,
but the torque should be more then even todays 450's.
The problem with an ol' dirtbike motor build is you have to go all in. I mean the youngest 465 is 29 years old.
Alot has changed since then. Get the right pipe figured out and do all the normal bolt on stuff guys do now.
It's a hassle and costs $$$$$ but the pay off is so much greater.
Get those mods then port it and look the F out haha

how hard were the front fenders to get to fit? did you spend alot of time with a heat gun reshaping them to fit and mesh with the hood? what year and model(250, 700) raptor fendors are they?

how hard were the front fenders to get to fit? did you spend alot of time with a heat gun reshaping them to fit and mesh with the hood? what year and model(250, 700) raptor fendors are they?

Raptor 660 i was told when i picked them up on the local craigslist. They took alot of Faith that it would work and some heat. the fenders did not loose any actual shape from the mod, and the only heat gun work i did was to roll the top edge over the frame under the gas tank. The rears had to be cut away in the core to mount the airbox plastics(Old broke rears cut back to make a mount in airbox)

Thank you all for the comments, I am still in the works for a good video since i keep forgetting my camera at home when we leave for riding. and my seat is still in the works. It seems to be taking longer than i first had thought but im going to make it work....... Because "Anything is possible if you have the tools and a creative mind".

Very nice looking man great job.I have noticed on your build you have those screw in wheel spacers how they working out for you and what sizes are you using can you post a pic of it from the front end?

To all i am stil working on a good quality video of the beast. I have one but the quality you can barely tell whats going on. I have decided i need a girl with us because guys are really bad at getting pics/Vids. I have recently been adding a few things and getting ready for this season. Anyone coming to colorado or living in colorado and ready to ride this year?