465IT rebuilt and ready to run

Beaster_blaster

Oct 11, 2009
COLORADO
465IT Blaster rebuilt and ready to run

So for everyone who doesnt know the story of my Yamaha 465IT Blaster... Here is it after my first quick rebuild after i rebuilt my engine mounts.
http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-mods-swaps-129/yamaha-465it-blaster-beaster-19768/

Here is a pic of what the Beast looked like when i first purchased it.
IMGA0599.jpg

But after some riding last season and some major thinking, I decided the Beast needed a full rebuild. So with a little assistance from the impact gun and some good beers, I started to tear her back down. Within a few hours every part on my bike was in a pile waiting for the sand and prep for paint.

After some (ok a ton) of elbow grease, I finally got to throw some paint. using a nice enamel paint I did my frame and most of the major rolling chasis components, and started the process of rebuilding.......
IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

I even went through the effort to customize it as much as i could.... even the spots you'd never really see.... such as the steering stem but it looks good anyway.
IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

Went ahead and painted the Head green to show just how much larger it is than the normal 200cc blaster from a quick glance because i get asked that alot.. "well its not that much bigger is it?"
IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

Finally after about a year of working on and off on my plastics they are finished. I had originally purchased them from the local craigslist for $50 but the only issue was the guy rhino lined them. They looked good in all but i couldn't handle the rough texture(they were rhino lined in the previous build with the horse). So Back at it with the heat gun this time and a ton more elbow grease i managed to get them back to good looking order. A fresh coat of this magic plastic paint and were off and rollin. I was worried the paint was going to act like painting any other plastic products, chip and crack instantly with any bend. But surprisingly enough you can almost fold the plastic in half with out any paint damage. However they are done and they look fantastic with the blaster +03 hood.((Big thanks to the guys who suggested the hood back when i made the first post, it swayed my position to getting on and i'm so happy i did))
IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

And i will be getting video soon enough..

I also rebuild another blaster from the ground up just a few weeks prior to starting mine (It kinda gave me the motivation to tear into mine) I'll post that build here soon..

Last edited:
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, that thing is BAD A$$, to the mutha fuggin bone, full props bro!!!!!

Fugg pics, we need VIDS VIDS VIDS!!!!! I:I

My $.02, BOTM, FTW!!!!!

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, that thing is BAD A$$, to the mutha fuggin bone, full props bro!!!!!

Fugg pics, we need VIDS VIDS VIDS!!!!! I:I

My $.02, BOTM, FTW!!!!!

Videos are soon to come, Just give me a few weeks to pull a good one together after our riding trip.. thank you so much to everyone for the comments i spent a ton of time and elbow grease getting this together in time for the riding season this year.

How hard was the mounting process? It looks damn near like a Blaster engine just bigger.

When i picked up the bike a few years back, someone remounted the front mounts up a few inches to house the larger engine. I simply took the engine loose up front and used a rachet strap to hold it out of place while i did the welding. Ground off all the old mounts and to refit the new mounts in place. It seemed harder to do than it really was.
Now the fenders took a little more effort. Once i picked them up i had to cut out the air box from an old broken set of plastics, and fit the rears around the air box. The front fenders were formed together originally so i had to seperate the two fenders. They mounted up just about exactly the way the stock front fenders fit up.... the only mod was the top tab flap had to be bent downward.

Reactions: slickerthanyou
fuggin A-1 sweet bro !!!!!!!!!
awesome job

Wow that is purdy! For us dumb guys what is a 465IT engine? Gotta love the colors! Great job! REp for ya

looks like a very clean swap, can we see some up close motor mount and pipe pics?

i cant wait for a ripper vid! BTW very cool design on the stem dude, rep points given

Wow that is purdy! For us dumb guys what is a 465IT engine? Gotta love the colors! Great job! REp for ya

The 465IT came off an 82 Yamaha 465 International Trials bike, The motor was built for speed as well as torque at the get. Ive been able to climb 4x4 trails in 3rd gear and my suspension with medium push. I have yet to see what 5th gears like but im hoping that this summer i can find out... but i can defiantly say all the work and the original trade of a Nintendo Wii was defiantly worth the while, to have this Unique type Blaster sitting in the garage of now 5 Blasters.

The 465IT came off an 82 Yamaha 465 International Trials bike, The motor was built for speed as well as torque at the get. Ive been able to climb 4x4 trails in 3rd gear and my suspension with medium push. I have yet to see what 5th gears like but im hoping that this summer i can find out... but i can defiantly say all the work and the original trade of a Nintendo Wii was defiantly worth the while, to have this Unique type Blaster sitting in the garage of now 5 Blasters.

5 blasters! I am soo jealous!

5 blasters! I am soo jealous!

Ya it started off as one full complete running bike with a spare parts blaster on the side about 4 years back. after some craigslist trading and haggling we ended up with my 465IT Blaster, then my dads 300$ pick up because all it needed was a wiring harness(salvaged from the parts bike). then the next one was a trade for an nitro powered rc car. only to find this one needed a complete rebuild from the engine out(used alot of salvage bike parts for this one), but that's the yellow and black bike ill be posting soon. and last but not least the 5th and final blaster we picked up was for my brothers fiance, we picked that one up for 650$ it ran and had a full FMF fatty pipe and an extra set of rims and tires stock piston size and no extra engine mods which will be perfect to the beginner...

Here is what ive been kinda designing for the custom quad. I have always liked the way some of the older bikers cruiser seats looked, So im trying to morph the cruiser seat in with the stock blaster seat. I had this old beat up seat that i decided to throw under the knife and see what happens.
IMG_0075.jpg

Its looking pretty good so far, I'm stitching the leather together now. Lets hope once its all stitched together i dont have to many areas that may need to be stitched closer. But its all worth it to have that custom one of a kind seat. More pics coming when i get it done
IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg