400ex shocks on my blaster

gtivrt

Sep 18, 2013
PA
I decided to fire up the CNC Plasma table with my buddy and put 400ex shocks on the blaster. I like my 400ex suspension a lot so I figured why not give it a shot to mount the front shocks. It took about 2 hours. I will be testing it tomorrow.

Reactions: dirtysquared
That looks professional !

Although with a plasma table that isnt hard :p

Good job on the setup, lot more travel, but probably stiffer as the 400ex is a heavier bike.

Well I forgot its hunting season so I could only test ride on trails beside the railroad tracks. With the springs set to the softest setting the front was way to soft (I thought it might be too stiff as some of you have mentioned). I will take it out Sunday and play with the settings. I might try to mount my video cam facing the setup to see how it reacts.

If you mount the shock in the stock location on the frame and fab a bracket for the a-arm it should ride better. The closer you bring the shock to the wheel by the a-arm the stiffer they become.

I was thinkin about putting 400 ex shocks in the front but i found out the easiest way to do it is banshee shocks in front 400 ex in rear thats how mine is setup flys great and lots of travel with minimum fabrication