34mm carb with oil injection

Blaster8821

Sep 4, 2014
I am looking for a 34mm Mikuni or Keihin carb that would fit on a blaster. I have the air box and intake manifold for one but I need the carb to have an oil injection nipple on it as I am leaving the oil injection hooked up.

I have no idea as to the validity of this, but you might be able to drill into a carb to put an oil injection nipple on. I would think that this is possible, unless there is something that helps mix the gas and oil mix inside of the carb that wouldn't be present on a carb not designed for the injection system. (Ive had these carbs apart plenty of times and see no difference from the blaster carb to my RM 250 carb besides size and a few other small details in the float and jet layout)

As I said, I could be totally wrong... but this seems to me like it could be a logical choice.

Yes, you can add a nipple for the oil injection.
I know I can add one I just didn't know if anyone had one that had the nipple installed. If I decide to add one myself, where exactly do I tap it into the carb? I was told to do it right after the air boot but I'm not exactly sure. I just don't want to blow up my new engine just because I did it wrong.

In another thread, joeak47 reported he has added injection to other carbs ?

Is this nipple not a jet ?
To spray the oil, not just pump raw oil into the airstream?

Does the blaster nipple and pump inject enuf oil for any carb ?

Too many unkowns IMO !

Reactions: DeJay1206
In another thread, joeak47 reported he has added injection to other carbs ?

Is this nipple not a jet ?
To spray the oil, not just pump raw oil into the airstream?

Does the blaster nipple and pump inject enuf oil for any carb ?

Too many unkowns IMO !
The nipple is opening so you can hook the oil injection hose on to the carb. I have seen people tap into the carb and make it work but I don't know where exactly to tap it in. I know the pump can keep up because it runs off the rpms

As Awk said there are variables. The one that comes to mind to me is the size of the carb and the way the pump pumps a certain amount designed for a 26mm stock carb . Now will it supply enough oil for a larger carb? I would feel better mixing my own fuel.

What does the size of the carb have to do with the amount of oil the pump will deliver!

If the delivery orifice is of the same size as the VM26SS, the pump will deliver the correct amount of oil to adequately lubricate the engine, no matter the bore size of the carb.

The lower air speed of a larger carb will not inhibit oil delivery, it is injected under pressure.

Wouldn't it effect oil mix because air fuel mix has obviously changed with the larger carb?? Hence the reason for a larger carb more air and fuel.. The oil pump is a fixed rate at rpm. Air fuel mix is adjusted by the flow through the carb (diff jet sizes). ?? I am probably not understanding something..

The same amount of oil will still be delivered as the pump is RPM governed.

If it was vacuum related there may be a reason for concern, because of the slower air speed of a large carb.

Increasing the size of the carb allows easier access of air/fuel mix owing to less restriction.

Fitting of a larger carb, usually do not see a marked improvement in the revs, they are used to gain power.

The same amount of oil will be injected with a small carb and a large carb at 5000 revs.

The way I understand it is, injected oil is not air related, I does not have to come out of suspension, it flows as an oil film into the crankcase where it collects in the crankcase to be distributed by revolving parts.

Last edited:
The oil nipple is not a jet or orifice. The pump just dribbles the correct amount of oil on the bottom of the port floor and it is washed down with the passing fuel/air mixture. This may sound inexact, but SAE papered tests indicate that the 2 stroke oil hangs around the bottom end for about 1/2 hr regardless of how you get it there. The Blaster pump measures based on rpm only but the street driven DT200 uses throttle input as well to increase the oil at full throttle.

I do believe that the oil is delivered via an orifice close to the exit of the stock 26mm Mikuni carb.

The oil is as said, dribbled into the airstream to be washed/drawn into the crankcase by the incoming air/fuel charge.