$300 blaster clutch trans problems

$300 blaster

Mar 16, 2013
hi guys newb here and I just got my first blaster a few weeks ago and when i bought it I noticed it was hard to shift but I did ride it that day... so I tear into this blaster and find out the counter shaft is off 90 deg. and two bolts are broken off in to clutch with three bolts and springs holding it . so i drill and remove broken bolts new springs and a clutch job, time the motor correctly now it will not move at all but runs like a champ Ive tried every method on the internet to get this moving and nothing is working please help

okay I have the ball its not welded to shafts and the plate is lined up I also used a valvoline oil made for wet clutches I have adjusted the shaft with clutches in and out of pack still no engagement im about at wits end I have spent hours watching videos on how to adjust.... now about the friction plates do you definitely need the skinny plate and spring in the clutch I"ve seen some use it and others put a reg. friction plate in place of it

I always wondered, why do you actually have to line up the dots??

it only goes together one way, if the dots aren't aligned the pressure plate will not sit into the "keyway" and will never even touch the clutch plates

so could a bad basket cause my problems i did have some gnarly saw blades on there and filed it out could too much play in the basket cause this?

That wouldn't keep it from engageing. However it makes me wonder if you did a careful job of it. You need to file it square, evenly and equally from finger to finger. At worst it might cause hard pull or eratic action, and accelerated wear on some fingers.

There is at least one Youtube vid on filing and modifying clutch basket.

Have you considered looking in either a Clymers manual or the online PDF download manual? Seing that the posted lincs haven't helped?

Ive used the manual, adjusted everything and last night i replaced the three stock clutch bolts with three of the ones i bought still nothing! I know the trans is working while it is off I can put it in every gear and the engine turns over when i spin the wheels. Could the basket be so worn from disc surface to surface that it wouldn't tighten up? please keep your thoughts coming I just bought this bike and don't want to sell it for a dumb reason but I'm about fed up!!!

I ordered an entirely new basket with clutches and hardware it runs liike a bat outta ... now thanks for all the help guys! I am loving my $300 blaster now!