30 oko or 28 pwk

Jhabeeb

Jul 25, 2011
Burlington, Mass
Im going to buy a new carb have custom airbox and boyseen reeds and was wondering whick carb is better quality the pwk28 or 30 oko?? I heard some bad stuff bout the oko and dried bowls?? I found them for the same price so thats not a factor and i plan on yetting q header port polish and head redessign thanks

go with the PWK, I have a OKO 30mm and im going to get rid of it, it been a nightmare to jet, every OKO is cast differently, their quality is poor and thus jetting advice is sporadic and all was not applicable to me. this has cost me 2x top ends.!!

I agree with blaner even though I have an oko as well they have to be meticulesly cleaned very thourogly to be pretty decent carbs. But I got mine set right and it runs great without hickups. I got a toomey and boyesen PSR reeds in mine and that baby is crisp. But when it wasent clean it bogged down alot in 2nd and 3rd much less 4th. turned out all I had to do was take a bread lire tie strip the papre off and clean out the channels in the jets and low and behold there was a lot of gunk in there. But thwe blaster I got it on was sitting for quite a while from the last owner though. Hope this helps with weighing the pro's and cons.........