+3 swingarm

yzrider

Apr 12, 2009
northwest Indiana
i have a +3 swinger comin soon, and i was wondering if a banshee chain is long enough, and maybe a banshee rear brake line, if not, i can get a streamline +3 line and a 120 link chain, what should i get?

me i would go with a 520x116 but thats me its better to a little more and cut it off then to be to tight just saying

whered u get ur +3 and how much was it?

strokedtater is making it for me, its 150 for a standard travel arm, u;d have to ask him for long travel arm pricing

thanks guys, i think i'm gonna order a 120 link to be safe, i haev a chain breaker, and i'm jus gonna go ahead and get a +3 streamline braided stainless brake line.

just so you guysknow a banshee chain is 104 links and will fit up to a +4 with 14 tooth sprocket as demon stated, this will not leave much adjustment though, it is a better chain for a plus 3. I have not seen banshee rear line used but ASR any size is 25 bux so almost worth it to get new one.

If you are going for cheap chain I would buy a standard non o-ring japanese made D.I.D. they are 29.99 for 120 links and are the best of the cheap chains. Make sure it is a 520

strokedtater is making it for me, its 150 for a standard travel arm, u;d have to ask him for long travel arm pricing

thanks guys, i think i'm gonna order a 120 link to be safe, i haev a chain breaker, and i'm jus gonna go ahead and get a +3 streamline braided stainless brake line.
damn do i love the look of the bradied cables

just so you guysknow a banshee chain is 104 links and will fit up to a +4 with 14 tooth sprocket as demon stated, this will not leave much adjustment though, it is a better chain for a plus 3. I have not seen banshee rear line used but ASR any size is 25 bux so almost worth it to get new one.

If you are going for cheap chain I would buy a standard non o-ring japanese made D.I.D. they are 29.99 for 120 links and are the best of the cheap chains. Make sure it is a 520

thanks man, rep given for good info, i'm gonna get a cheap non o ring 520 banshee chain, and some asr brake lines

for non o-ring i went with primary drive, ships lubed and i like it. was only 24$ shipped but for stock arm.

I have not had experience with primary drive chains so cannot comment, I am die-hard D.I.D. but be careful there are lots of chinese knockoffs. For me personally I run a D.I.D. ERT2 non o-ring chain. Not a fan of the o-ring and have not had experience with x-ring though they both rob slight horsepower I was trying to find it but I have seen dyno chart floating around with concern to chain. If I remember correctly losses were -.5 hp for x-ring, -.7 for o-ring. Don't quote me on this, but I was at one point interested (a blaster has so little horsepower even 1/2 hp loss is unacceptable for me for chain life. The ERT2 was the best non o-ring D.I.D. chain they make. They range upwards of 100 bux but I found mine NIB for 59.99 for 110 link. It is awesome but stretches considerably during break-in. I would really like to poll a thread on chain use as I'm curious what some of those racing their blasters use. My personal opinion is not to use o-ring but????

I think chains are one of the most overlooked parts, the importance being that it transfers all the power, makes it a part that should have serious consideration.....just an opinion.

I used to run non-O ring, but we lost a chain during a race and now switched to X-ring for reliability. Yeah, probably should have a better maintenance schedule for the chain but I DID oil it every race.

I used to run non-O ring, but we lost a chain during a race and now switched to X-ring for reliability. Yeah, probably should have a better maintenance schedule for the chain but I DID oil it every race.

off topic sry, but is that an ice-racer in your sig pic............sickness that's gotta be fun, now alaska that's a big riding area.....hehe, must be sweetI:I