28mm carb

Blaster bob

May 18, 2013
Depew ny
Ok here it is I have a 94 blaster I'm looking to put a mikuni vm28 mm round slide carb on it I found a few cheep I'm just wondering what jet size I should use it's for trail ridding

Leave the stock carb on it, an when your nodded enough to require a carb upgrade, buy a keihin pwk 28, they are far better then mikuni vm, much new an better technology. An most 85cc race bikes use them stock. Mine are from kx85

Leave the stock carb on it, an when your nodded enough to require a carb upgrade, buy a keihin pwk 28, they are far better then mikuni vm, much new an better technology. An most 85cc race bikes use them stock. Mine are from kx85
What more do you think I need to do to run a 28 mill carb

a fmf is a low/mid pipe and it is best suited with the stock 26mm carb. and if you want to have a larger carb get the stock carb bored to 27.25mm ive bored plenty of carbs and it makes a decent difference.

The fmf pipe is perfectly fine, is there better pipes, yes. Is the fmf one of the best bottom end pipes, yes. Dont waste money boring out a stock carb, the stock carb is fine the way it is. Now to utilize a bigger carb your gonna need a milled an rechambered head, an professionaly ported cylinder at minimum.

Reactions: Blaster bob
The fmf pipe is perfectly fine, is there better pipes, yes. Is the fmf one of the best bottom end pipes, yes. Dont waste money boring out a stock carb, the stock carb is fine the way it is. Now to utilize a bigger carb your gonna need a milled an rechambered head, an professionaly ported cylinder at minimum.
i have seen fairly large improvements boring the stock carb. but it doesnt cost me anything but time because i have a lathe

Ok thank you
i have seen fairly large improvement boring the stock carb. but it doesnt cost me anything but time because i have a lathe

I'm looking in to a trinity racing pipe i hade one on a different blaster I hade and I loved that pipe and as fare as porting just cleaning them up and matching them or bigger and if bigger how fare
i went from a fmf to a trinity and i absolutely love the trinity, i cant say enough good about it

I paid 95shipped for my brand new never opened legit Kawasaki kx 85 pwk 28.
I hade a pe 28 on blaster I bought and could not get it to run right I don't know if the carb was bad or if I jetted it wrong I thought low completion but it wasent that put a stock carb back on it and it ran great