250r carb

Mar 29, 2007
pennsylvania
lookin to get a new carb, but don't want to spend too much $. i researched and saw that the 250r carb is 34mm. is that too big for my current mods? is it possible i would get less hp or throttle response with this carb as apposed to say a 30mm or 32mm? will i need any other parts to hook up?

well it depends on what you're gonna do in the future, if you're just gettin a mild trail port and thats it i say just get a 28 or 30mm, but if you decide to go with a real agreesive port, milled head, stroker, or big bore a 34mm or35mm maybe bigger. it depends on the type of riding you do too drag,mx,xc,trails,dunes, or just pissing old people off lol.

when i got mine rebuilt and had all the head and port work done i got a carb that was big enough to handle the extra fuel and air. but i also wanted to have some head room to do other mods next rebuild without having to buy another carb

but to me 34,35mm is big enough fo a modded blaster, unless you go full all out drag then it just gets stupid big lol

Go with the 30mm. We sell more of them over the 35. Unless you're going balls out the 30 will work just fine. Too big will hurt you on the bottom end.

On certain tight tracks we would run a 30 on our race bike to get the bottom thru mid power. For a larger more open throttle application the 35 would be swapped out.

found one

found a cheap 250r carb on ebay. 34mm keihin. as you can see from the pic, it includes the cable and thumb throttle. can i just completely rip out tors and put this strait in? what do you think i should try jetting at?