240 sleeve kit

screamin2stroke

Feb 10, 2009
Jacksonville FL
Ok so i purchased a 240 la sleeve kit with weisco piston from an ebay store,I got it today and the sleeve is Advanced Sleeve 66mm and the piston is Wossner 72mm..I wrote dude and told him that the parts i ordered were not what i bought,He responds and says

Advanced sleeve is a wiseco sleeve, they make all wiseco sleeves. TWoosner piston is a better piston than a wiseco. L.A. sleeve changed over to them for the 240 kits. Too many problems with the wiseco's

What should i do? Im tired of being dicked around

You got a 66mm sleeve? How are you suppose to fit a 72mm piston in it? Tell the guy that you want what you ordered! If you didn't want a weisco, you wouldn't have ordered a weisco!

file a claim.I wouldn't use anything but a wiseco.How the hell do you get a 72mm piston in a 66mm bore.IDK Must have to put the piston in a vise to squeeze it to fit.lol

youll notice a lot of ebay stores now are saying NOT to leave negative feedback for them or they will do it back to you...i was gonna get some chain rollers from a ebay store, but then my wife saw that, and now you just cant tell about any of those ebay stores....file a claim. they are false advertising.

if you buy on ebay t osave a buck ..be prepared to get ripped off every other purchase

if you buy on ebay t osave a buck ..be prepared to get ripped off every other purchase

HAHAHAHA that would suck. Make sure they have a good feedback %. The lowest I would buy from is maybe 98%. Pages with only a few feedback are likely to scam. One page had (4) and said call me to directly get your credit card info LOL NOT.

feedback was good 99% but i guess i fu*ked myself on this one,hope he gives me a refund

Flotek what would you charge for a 240 kit ported?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wiseco makes the pistons for LA Sleeve. They also make the pistons for Vito's. I haven't that I recall even heard of the brand of piston you have. I use wiseco for all of my builds and will continue to do so in the future. I'll have to aggree with Flotek on this one, when shopping Ebay let the buyer beware.

about 2 months ago la sleeve now uses these woosner pistons,yes they are good forged big bore pistons very light and machined well alot like wiseco and made in germany

I figured the sleeve would have to be bored to the 72mm piston but how many more bores will i get out of the 2mm left?

What are yall thinking i should do??

And the sleeve isnt an La Sleeve its an Advanced sleeve?

Well you can get replacement pistons at 72.25 (.010) 72.50 (.020) and 74mm (.040) So as long as the cylinder is not destroyed badly you should get a couple of rebuilds out of it.

atleast port it and be sure and mod the head for the bigger bore !,running a stock sized head o na big bore is a big problem I see people do al lthe time and a good recipe for disaster