240 break in

02yamaturd

Apr 18, 2010
pa
just had finished w/the first heat cycle bout 30 minutes before, so i strted her up again and let her warm up a bit before the first ride...heres the vid

heck yea...its been like 3 months...its broke in all the way but im still scared to rip on it.....i want to so bad though...

should have some more video's sunday after i find out where this leak is i have....i think i have one anyways...

no ill problhy hang onto the stock for a while...i dont really need any bigger....i dot alot of woods riding.....never really wide open so the stock carb had great throttle response...

awsome bro, glad your up and running!!!!!

but i'm misunderstanding a few things, you say "just finished first heat cycle", then you rode it ??? you do know it takes more than 1 heat cycle to properly break that motor in ???? 3 - 5 is the standard
and then you mention " i think i have an air leak" ????? and just how do you plan on finding it if you didnt do a leakdown test before you even started it ?????
not tryin to bust your balls and/or be a dick, just lookin out for your motors well being
but this all sounds like a recipe for disaster !!!!!!!!

please correct me and call me an azzhole, that you DID do the proper amount of heat cycles and you DID a leak test to find the leak before riding it, at all, and also did plug chops to rejet that stock carb for a 240, what jet settings did you end up with ???

i know all the time you spend on here was for reading and learning proper building /maintenence of these bikes and not just looking at pictures ????
if you think that was a little harsh ??? wait till that motor fries, unless you DID do what i mentioned above