240 bbk

ajs-blaster102

Nov 27, 2013
I know this is an old topic but i have a few qeastions about it .I have a Vito's bbk and I got this before I knew of any other blaster bbks out there. Iv done my reaserch on this site and many other forums and iv heard a lot of bad things about Vito's bbks and very few good things. I know that they are not the best by far but if these kits are as bad as iv heard then why dose ken o'conner racing sell them certainly Mr. Ken is very good at what he dose I'm just not understanding why Vito's gets bashed but someone like ken would sell them.

Iv also seen a lot of stuff about the cast piston comes with the vitos but when I got mine I got the Vito's forged bbk kit for $50 more than the regular bbk and they sent my v force 4s with it ? For free . but if you look now that stopped selling the forged kit . they only sold for like 2 months then went back to the cast bbk kit

Im guessing that there is more Vito's BB kits out on the trails then any other BB kit, and most of the people building them are rookies. SO the more of them out there and rookies builders you got working on them is going to have MORE PROBLEMS!
Also most people posts the problems with stuff then people that are happy with stuff!

They aren't the prettiest on the inside out the box. Personally I've never had a problem with mine. They are a strong cylinder. Probably hear a lot of bad because people do not know how to set them up properly to get the claimed hp.

There is nothing wrong with a vitos bb cylinder. People make the mistake of thinking that if they buy the cylinder and install it out of the box that it is going to be extremely faster. It will not be extremely faster, more like barely faster. The kit needs porting and head mod to really wake it up and get a good amount of power out of it. Of course the more you want the more mods you do to compliment it. I run a few of the vitos bb ported cylinders , along with an la/ct bb, and stock ported cylinder. As far as pistons you will see forged again soon enough available through them.

Reactions: blasterdemon7
I beleave they had a problem at one time of the sleeve moving in the jug. Ken would pin the sleeve in to take care of the problem. I think they have that flaw fixed now. Vito's is a good budget BBK. People like to blame the parts maker for there own mistakes. Ken would not sell them if it was junk. It is a budget BBK so you can't just bolt it on and get a huge power gain. It's a starting point and can really use some good porting work done to get the power. It's still much cheaper cost then the top line BBK.

Thanks for all your guys support and input. I'm already planed to get good porting from ken. My aunt gave it to me when I was younger and it was all stock . I had a dream of racing but didn't have money to mod it . I got a job and saved some money and put a Vito's exuast and had my dads buddy port it and put holes shots on it . now I'm older and thrive for speed and power and two strokes so I got. I Vito's bbk kit,Vito's plus 3 mm crank, v force 4s, 34 mm carb, CMF air box, drivline 240 clutch and the Vito's exhaust that's already on. So I'm sendimg the bbk to ken to get ported and can't wait to build the motor . hopefully buy the time my brother gets of age. I'll have the extended a arms,swing arm, and axle so I can hopefully pass it on to my little bro to race it .

sounds like a good choice of parts/build plan !
be sure to holler when you're ready to jet that keihin

i have the vitos BBK on mine vforce3 vitos race clutch kit and piston and it runs strong and hard havnt had any issues out of motor.. i recommend vitos to anybody running 2 stroke..