2003 Blaster will not Start

Blaster Pete

Jul 8, 2010
It has New Spark Plug , it has a Spark , you can see the spark with no problem , gas in the tank , gas coming out of the Carburetor hose with the petcock on , gas is in the float bowl.

Could the reed valves be stuck not alowing a air fuel mixture to get in? I just had to ask.

Air Filter is clean , even tried to start it with the air filter removed.

It has Compression.

The only thing I can think of is the Gas is not getting into the Engine , but why is the Question.

Any suggestions would be great , thanks again for your answers and the use of this Forum.

check your slider to make sure it is seating right, Take carb. off and bring it out to you with throttle cable still attached and move carb around and if slider moves when you move the carb. then you need to loosen throttle cable so it seats right.

how do u know it has compression and check the reeds to see if there cracked or not laying flat and is the tors still on wat about parking brake did u buy iit off a guy when it wasnt running or did it just happen

I am the Original owner , it ran fine , we were Riding it and it stalled and never re-started , oil in the tank , has spark , reeds have tension , did not check the carburetor slide but the throttle lever feel fine , same resistance as it always had , as far as the compression , when you kick it over you can feel the compression , same as before , did not put a tester on it but feels fine , main jet is clear , pilot jet is clear (I blew them out with air) now what about the Tors system with the parking brake?

I just checked the Carburetor slide moves up and down fine.

Reeds have Tension.

The Carburetor Slide bottoms out in the Carburetor body and there is play in the cable.

Last edited:
Usually the parking brake will let it run, just badly, but it is easy to eliminate. Just unplug the switch at the handlebars (left side).

For tors, unplug the carb, and unplug and jumper the throttle switch wires (harness side)

Put a little premix in the spark plug hole, put the plug back in & try to start it. If it starts then dies you've just narrowed it down to a fuel/carb problem.