2003 blaster: Should I buy it?

allthingsmoto

Oct 12, 2011
Ohio
I have a chance to get an 03 for a great deal but... It has almost zero compression :( . and the frame, plastics, and seat have been spray painted. :eek:
so do you guys think its just a top end re-bld? crank seals? Also im alittle worried about it possible being stolen (no title, and painted). i have the VIN # I trust the guy selling it, but the owner before him...not so much. where can i get a full set of decent looking plastics?

Thank you!

whats the price?

also you can paint the plastics with spray paint cans and have it look very good, just use clear coat after to make sure it doesn't chip. I did the same thing with mine

whats the price?

also you can paint the plastics with spray paint cans and have it look very good, just use clear coat after to make sure it doesn't chip. I did the same thing with mine

But this was done very poorly. Im trading my 1996 yz 125 with a bad transmission problem. really nice other then that.I:I

Based on your description I would keep moving and find something else based soley on the spray painted seat. I can see how some mis-guided young'ns might spray-paint the plastics, but the seat is a deal breaker and likely speaks to how this blaster was treated.

The best sellers:

1). The guy who loves whatever's being sold and has put a ton of time $ and love into the thing and now needs to dump it.

2). The guy who's selling something that doesn't know what he has or is too lazy, or unskilled, to fix something minor.

Based on your description I would keep moving and find something else based soley on the spray painted seat. I can see how some mis-guided young'ns might spray-paint the plastics, but the seat is a deal breaker and likely speaks to how this blaster was treated.

The best sellers:

1). The guy who loves whatever's being sold and has put a ton of time $ and love into the thing and now needs to dump it.

2). The guy who's selling something that doesn't know what he has or is too lazy, or unskilled, to fix something minor.

I appreciate your input, and agree. however I doubt anyone else would trade me with my trany banged up. do people sell plastic sets on here? I think with a little time and love this could be a nice quad. id defiantly buy a seat cover. :D if this doesnt work out im cracking the yz gear box...again 8-|

There's no doubt if you put some love into it you can make something decent out of it.....not trying to rain on your project. Let us know what you decide.

Well look up the vin see if its good. If it is what do you think you bike is worth? this 03 sounds like its no more than 500 bucks and the only reason i said that high is becuase it should have hydro brakes and those are more desirable. It does have hydro front and rear brakes and the headlight in the front nose piece correct? Yes people do sell plastics on here sometimes. You could throw a seat cover and some plastics on but the way its sounds it could of just been horribly abused. You get what you pay for in most cases.

Buy it, they are easy to rebuild.... Check the link in my signature for how to vids... You just need basic tools with a flywheel puller and holder.

forgot to mention, it has stock front hydro breaks. but the rear has been swapped with the warrior breaks. it also has an after market axle. and i check the VIN it is an 03. calling the local PD today to run the VIN to see if its hot

i gave 400 bucks for my 03 non-running and it was perfect compared to the way this one sounds.

no more than 500 bucks is what i'd offer the guy if i were you. also, we won't be able to tell you what it needs. take a comp tester to make sure of the low compression. take a chance on it as long as it comes back not stolen.

i gave 400 bucks for my 03 non-running and it was perfect compared to the way this one sounds.

no more than 500 bucks is what i'd offer the guy if i were you. also, we won't be able to tell you what it needs. take a comp tester to make sure of the low compression. take a chance on it as long as it comes back not stolen.

sounds like you got a deal.I:I

I jus trebuilt an 03 and have the stock blue plastics i'd sell ya cheap ... they cost a little to ship but it's the stock blue front fenders rear fender and tank

Hey guys I traded. Cleaning up pretty decent. I tore it down and found the problem. pics up soon. where can I buy the cheapest piston/rings