2003 Blaster Compression Normal

Blaster Pete

Jul 8, 2010
The most I can get out of the Compression gauge is 75 lbs (it go's to 75 lbs fast too but stops at 75 lbs)

the Blaster will not start , is that figure (75 lbs) to low to start it up?

has spark , has gas , at least has gas in the float bowl , what would prevent gas from being suck into the Engine? is there something on the Carburetor that I should check? or is the Compression too low? what Compression is the stock range?

Thanks.

i belive stock is around 125lbs? at any rate 75 is waaay low, time to take the head off and look for damage. mabey its just rings,

idk what mines at.... but mine fires right up... my best suggestion wud be a top end rebuild with a wiesco piston.... usually anything over 90-100 will run but its good to be above that

Piston was Sized and Rings were stuck to the Piston where the Exhaust Port is (maybe a 1 inch section) Clyinder is at the Shop now to get a bore job , the wrist pin looked fine (I did get a new one) my ? is the wrist pin and bearing look fine , no signs of galling , and the rod (rod bearing) look fine , no up and down movement , Crank rotates fine no signs of rough-ness when turning over , I ssume the rod bearing is OK how do you tell for sure?