2002 blaster bogging down when warm

Noaht13

Apr 17, 2017
I have a 2002 blaster I've owned for a few weeks. It starts first kick and idles fine. The problem is when the engine warms up it completely bogs down when u hit the throttle. It doesn't die out but it wont gain any speed and sounds terrible. I pulled off the carb gave it a good cleaning changed all the oil and and gas. It's almost like it's starving for gas that's why I figured the carb was junked up. It runs and rides fine for a few minutes u til it warms up. Top end also has a pretty good slapping noise, but would like some other opinions before I start putting money into a top end rebuild. I've never owned a quad that has a separate tank for oil and mixes it on its own. Could it be feeding too much oil? Also the only upgrades it has is a DG silencer pipe Please help. Thanks
-Noah

Sounds like it's low on compression . Check the compression...should 120 or better . Also check for air leaks while you're at it . Slapping noise could be from worn bore or possible bearing noise . Get ready to do a rebuild . Don't buy the $hitty ebay jug and piston . Use your cylinder if it's still in specs and get a proper bore and hone job for the piston you buy .

Reactions: blasterboy91
Sounds like it's starving for fuel. Chance plug, clean petcock filters to carb and replace inline filter to carb and retest then test compression ( hot) condition. Two strokes require average amount of compression, but they thrive on the proper amount of oil and fuel mixture.