2001 Blaster Airbox Lid..

hrdkrtazz

Oct 30, 2008
You read the title Whos Got one?.Keep fouling plugs..Dont believe its the jetting I believe im having to much airflow sucked into the intake.Would love to get a lid?

fouling the plug has noting to do with airbox lid. if anything it would make ur bike run richer meaning more fuel. and its really no more fuel its just less air. do u premix ur oil or still run the oil pump? maybe u r mixin in too much oil per gas. or the rightside crank seal is bad and gear oil is leakin into cylinder. but i do have one i will send you if you can find me a cdi.:)

IF its leaking on the side that the clutch basket is on i dont think it will do much other than not run due to excessive plug fouling because gear oil is leaking into the bottom end and it wont burn up in the cylinder and fouls plugs. however if the flywheel side( by the left foot) is leaking there isnt any oil to suck it. it will suck in air and lean the engine resulting in POP !

there would be some premix in there i am sure. it would be hard to start also. start a thread and we will talk, hate to hi jack:)

Putting a lid on will give it less air, causing it to be RICHER. At what point is it running rich? Low-mid-hi? Does it ever clear up?

fouling the plug has noting to do with airbox lid. if anything it would make ur bike run richer meaning more fuel. and its really no more fuel its just less air. do u premix ur oil or still run the oil pump? maybe u r mixin in too much oil per gas. or the rightside crank seal is bad and gear oil is leakin into cylinder. but i do have one i will send you if you can find me a cdi.:)

Haha..Sorry but Totaly untrue.ANY mods you do to Streetbikes,quad's dirtbikes with carbs.Its all the same your SUPPOSES to rejet with ANY MOD!..But do some research with the Airbox off..It will Draw to much air into the motor Making the Air/fuel ratio off.I do premix my own gas and i know that is correct.So i KNOW! for a fact that without this airbox lid.i will keep fouling plugs.Thats why alittle trick with quad is to drill a FEW! extra holes into airbox for more air.when you remove that Lid..its drawing in way to much.ASK! anyone such as myself who knows what there talking about with Carbs.I am a certified Tech for a yamaha/kawi dealer So i work on bikes and quads all day long..its my day job.But sorry cant help ya with that CDI!..but i know im running way to rich.I can hear it when its running ill clean the plug off start it up..2-3 mins later its just soo fouled out bike stalls.Put a peice of cardboard over where the airbox lid would go and to my surprize no more fouling plugs.So i need an airbox lid...:)

Haha..Sorry but Totaly untrue.ANY mods you do to Streetbikes,quad's dirtbikes with carbs.Its all the same your SUPPOSES to rejet with ANY MOD!..But do some research with the Airbox off..It will Draw to much air into the motor Making the Air/fuel ratio off.I do premix my own gas and i know that is correct.So i KNOW! for a fact that without this airbox lid.i will keep fouling plugs.Thats why alittle trick with quad is to drill a FEW! extra holes into airbox for more air.when you remove that Lid..its drawing in way to much.ASK! anyone such as myself who knows what there talking about with Carbs.I am a certified Tech for a yamaha/kawi dealer So i work on bikes and quads all day long..its my day job.But sorry cant help ya with that CDI!..but i know im running way to rich.I can hear it when its running ill clean the plug off start it up..2-3 mins later its just soo fouled out bike stalls.Put a peice of cardboard over where the airbox lid would go and to my surprize no more fouling plugs.So i need an airbox lid...:)

Explain to me how increasing AIR creates a RICHER mixture? That's completely backwards.

Not many people knew this..I build Streetbikes and 4 wheelers.I know EVERYTHING about jets and carbs you can think of..But removing an airbox cover will draw in WAY to much air..With anything really..It will be hard to determin the jet size needed.I would go up to a 235...With that airbox lid off you will be fouling plugs ALot faster to hard to tell what size jets you will need..It all depends on how you ride.Harder or softer on the Throttle.Softer= stick with your current jet.If you ride harder Just move up

lol sounds like since you know EVERYTHING about carbs and tuning, maybe you should tune your carb so you can stop fouling plugs?? =))

Tons of people run with no lid. It's not that big of a deal and normally doesn't require a jet change. You're being ridiculous and you have some other problem that you don't seem to want to address for whatever reason?

Tune your carb and you won't have a problem. Why is that so hard?