2000 blaster Resurrection

Glad you got it back, I have an extra working OEM coil. PM me if your still in need of one.
Thanks I hope it's all good a leak down tester will be on it's way from awk tomorrow guess I'll kno then and if the coil I got don't work I'll get in touch can't pm till I get a few likes on my content I guess

Ok so I go out to my garage to put the coil on and one of the mounting pieces on the frame is broke off :mad: don't have access to a welder right now is there anything else I could do both sides of the coil have to be bolted to the frame correct?

image.jpg
Gettin closer to being able to fire it up for the first time :D got the new drain plug,washer, exhaust studs, nuts,flywheel cover.The leak down tester should be here Monday got a quick question does fluid have to be in trans for leak down test or don't matter

Last edited:
Be excited about it passing, have some faith in your work!!

The build looks good! Any other big plans for it?
Thanks prob not going to be anything big yet till after I get a feel for a stock blaster would like to get it ported mayb BBK but prob in febuary I'll prob just do full fmf exhaust,hydro upgrade,some nerfs,skid plates Who knows I guess we will see in the future

Well surprise the sh*t out of me walked out my door this am to go to Tim hortons and there's a package on my steps:eek:. It's the leak down tester from awk08 :D:D:D thank you sir! I didn't know usps delivers on Sunday

:(Well it failed with flying colors I didn't even need soapy water the head gasket is leaking pretty bad won't hold any psi well you know what they say if u want something done right do it yourself I can see the gasket isn't right I'll get some pics in a bit. either guy is a straight moron or maybe a cheap gasket but I'm leaning towards moron either way u own a shop and going to put out something like that that ain't right is messed up :mad:

Total bummer. Get into it and see whats wrong. There is a lot if things it could be, a reused gasket, broken studs, warpage, etc.
The only way its going to get done right is if you get in there and inspect.

Reactions: Neverripped
Well you don't seem like a dummy so with a few basic tools we can get you goin.. A copper head gasket can be annealed and re used again (propane torch or stove top) . You will need a torque wrench if you don't already have. Do you know all exactly what was done to the motor? cases split? Either way with some patience and the friendly guys on the forum and some tools we will get you straitened out.

Reactions: Neverripped
Well you don't seem like a dummy so with a few basic tools we can get you goin.. A copper head gasket can be annealed and re used again (propane torch or stove top) . You will need a torque wrench if you don't already have. Do you know all exactly what was done to the motor? cases split? Either way with some patience and the friendly guys on the forum and some tools we will get you straitened out.
yea he split the cases new piston, cylinder bored, new shift shaft assembly, shift drum all new seals gaskets it was missing the keyway and other misc circlips and pieces here n there.you guys have been great without the help n support here I prob would of sold the thing already I'm going to pop the head off tomorrow supossed to be a little warmer here in buffalo tomorrow so... and I gotta get a torque wrench too thanks a lot guys much appreciated

Man I sure hope they did everything else right... there are quite a few crap builders out there

Well finally got around to taking the head off to see what the deal is as I was taking off one of the head nuts the stud came with the nut. from the looks of it it was helicoiled and didn't take I'm guessing.and the head gasket (namura) doesn't look like it's sitting completely flat on the cylinder is this normal? And how can i tell if cylinder was bored,honed etc I wish I could take pics but my camera on my phone don't work since I took it to the cheapest place I could find for screen replacement someday I'll learn you get what u pay for oh and on top of the (namura) piston it's stamped 67.42 I'm thinkin bout just gettin a brand new cylinder I will have to get new piston also correct? The reason for new cyl is this the exhaust stud holes are stripped the one head stud coming out and one of the reed bolts snapped off In the cyl hole < I did that one snugging them up didn't take much didn't realize they only take 5.8 ft lbs any input is greatly appreciated

Oh and one more thing I looked at the head and on the dome? Whatever u call what's in the pic note that's not mine just a pic I got off the net There are a lot of dings n dents is this going to be a problem
image.jpg

Well finally got around to taking the head off to see what the deal is as I was taking off one of the head nuts the stud came with the nut. from the looks of it it was helicoiled and didn't take I'm guessing.and the head gasket (namura) doesn't look like it's sitting completely flat on the cylinder is this normal? And how can i tell if cylinder was bored,honed etc I wish I could take pics but my camera on my phone don't work since I took it to the cheapest place I could find for screen replacement someday I'll learn you get what u pay for oh and on top of the (namura) piston it's stamped 67.42 I'm thinkin bout just gettin a brand new cylinder I will have to get new piston also correct? The reason for new cyl is this the exhaust stud holes are stripped the one head stud coming out and one of the reed bolts snapped off In the cyl hole < I did that one snugging them up didn't take much didn't realize they only take 5.8 ft lbs any input is greatly appreciated
Doesn't sound like a very good builder, if you could get a pic of the cylinder up that would tell us a lot. Does it have good crosshatching, here's one ken posted, how it should be, but it is hard to see in the pic
blaster-2-jpg.12784