1999 Suzuki Bandit 1200S project.

blasterdemon7

I'm not winning.
Nov 19, 2009
Delaware
Just got a 99 Suzike Bandit 1200S with a rod sticking out the front of the motor and also have a 99 Suzuki Katana 750 that's been laid down bad but has a good motor. I got both bikes for free. All I have to pay is the $325 title fee. I will be putting the Katana 750 motor into the Bandit. From what I've read, it's an easy bolt in. I plan on getting a good bottom end to rebuild the 1200 motor. I would like to find a good deal on a GSXR OC 1100 motor to swap in. There not the easiest to find and most of the time not cheap. I plane on starting the swap next week.

null-49.jpg

nice this deal went thru for you !
keep this thread updated along the way

Said the guy who practically got phragles quads for free -.-[/QUOTE]

It was a pretty good deal. Free projects are awesome.

Just a word of caution: check the condition of EVERYTHING in the top end of the 1200 before you decide to rebuild it. I have nearly 3 grand in to the motor of my GS1100E, things get expensive when you have to get 16 of them (valves, guides etc.) That said my bike will stomp modern 600s and just about anything else between stop lights, I have it badged as a 750 so they don't see it coming.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the newer ones but on mine (81-?) There is a lot of parts interchange between the individual engine parts as well as the electronics, chassis parts and carbs (I run FCR carbs, forks and wheels off of a newer gixxer). They are really durable bikes if properly cared for, I only smoked mine because some dumbass built it with orange rtv and it balled off clogging the oil supply jets.

Tried starting the Kayana yesterday. It was a no go do to real crappy gas and a hole in the oil cooler. The Katana only has 20196 miles on it. Ill have to clean out the carbs. All four of them. Lol.

Been working on it on my lunch breaks at work. Got the motor out of the Katana today. I did a little cheating do to it being a junk frame.
null_zps1a93d7ac.jpg

null_zpsde6d1a9b.jpg

null_zpsa458dbad.jpg

I checked the milage before I tore it apart and it had 20,196 on it.