1988 blaster

moefie35

Jun 22, 2017
Has spark low compression new cdi box..good carb no gas leaks been cleaned all jets ..choke will not stay out..has good piston and top end looks good any advice on what u need to check i have 3 magnetos i tried all but still nothing..

Attachments

• 20170815_093053.jpg
    20170815_093053.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 153
  • 20170920_162149.jpg
    20170920_162149.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 159
Well, looks as if someone has had the top half apart, and was crazy with the permatex, you don't or should not use that on base gaskets or head gaskets. I would clean all the permatex off, get a gasket set, rings, and do rebuild top half as long as you had no bottom half noise or issues. Or, do a complete rebuild. Depends on your budget.

If it has low compression, that's a big part of the puzzle there. The cylinder needs checked to see if it's still in spec for the piston. If it's out, get it bored and honed to match a new oversized piston. NO Chinese eBay cylinder kits...they are garbage.

That gasket material is going to need cleaned off....and when you put new on, use cometic or OEM base gaskets. They are the only 2 proven to work.

Well, looks as if someone has had the top half apart, and was crazy with the permatex, you don't or should not use that on base gaskets or head gaskets. I would clean all the permatex off, get a gasket set, rings, and do rebuild top half as long as you had no bottom half noise or issues. Or, do a complete rebuild. Depends on your budget.
Yea i cleaned all that off dont know why they used that either but i put on new gasket set ..it looks like the tors been removed by wires but it still on carb..and hechad it turned all the way counterclockwise..so i removed harness for now ..but when i get spark do it have to be a bright spark on spark plug tester or just as long as u get a spark its ok.

If it has low compression, that's a big part of the puzzle there. The cylinder needs checked to see if it's still in spec for the piston. If it's out, get it bored and honed to match a new oversized piston. NO Chinese eBay cylinder kits...they are garbage.

That gasket material is going to need cleaned off....and when you put new on, use cometic or OEM base gaskets. They are the only 2 proven to work.
yea i have new gasket set on..ill have more pics later of top end gonna take it apart again comes to find out in my old video i noticed my piston moving left to right think it isnt on all the way i had my friend hold piston while i put on top end but didnt know it was moving until just now after video

Attachments

• Capture+_2017-09-26-11-35-25.png
    Capture+_2017-09-26-11-35-25.png
    858.8 KB · Views: 138
just make sure you check (inspect) all parts if your reusing any old parts ( wrist pin, bearings, etc, and use new c- clips that holds the wrist pin in piston. Wrist pins do wear and there is needle bearings that slide into the top of the connecting rod as well. If one of those c-clips would happen to come out, you won't be happy.

just make sure you check (inspect) all parts if your reusing any old parts ( wrist pin, bearings, etc, and use new c- clips that holds the wrist pin in piston. Wrist pins do wear and there is needle bearings that slide into the top of the connecting rod as well. If one of those c-clips would happen to come out, you won't be happy.
Ok ill make sure but i know exactly what u mean lol..this happened to my other blaster dont know how but it did lol..it will be out shop hopefully this week

Attachments

• 20170606_150806-1.jpg
    20170606_150806-1.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 138
Yep, that's what I'm talking about, that sucks. I buy motorcycles and rebuild them for lil extra guy stuff money, I never never ever reuse any old parts out of a motor like wrist pins or c-clips

Yep, that's what I'm talking about, that sucks. I buy motorcycles and rebuild them for lil extra guy stuff money, I never never ever reuse any old parts out of a motor like wrist pins or c-clips
Yea i fix on them on side for a break from kids lol but that's what im doing now gettin new intstead of used.save a lot of trouble in long run tryin to figure out if its good or not.