1986 Trx250r Complete Rebuild

thanks for the compliment.. the triek def looks better in pics than in person.. haha you can;t see teh purple frame in that pic.. haha... both are getting some engine work over the winter.. stock 250R engines just ain't doing it for me anymore. the trike is more fun IMO... with a PT high rev pipe and 12/39 gearing it'll rip a 6th gear wheelie in the field across the street. takes some body english and throttle control but i can get it up and carry it for proably 50-60 feet.. haha..

the triek is gonan get a ported stock cylinder stock stroke setup and the quad is gonna get a 4mm stroker stock cylinder.. i've got a 72mm big bore stock cyl too but i'm not sure what i wanna do with it yet

Okay for jetting purposes, pro circuit pipe, vforce reeds, 34mm PJ, with a uni. Stock everything, though, contemplating having the head shaved (scorched).

thanks for the compliment.. the triek def looks better in pics than in person.. haha you can;t see teh purple frame in that pic.. haha...

hmmm i didnt really notice the purple frame oh well still sweet..

so out of all your rides which is your fave???

yeha thta was my trike in teh back of my filthy ass shop when you were here.. later taht day i was riding it.. when you were here it needed an axle carrier put back in... in fact the guy that was here with that good 88 axle carrier ended up giving it to me for 5 gals of 100octane fuel i had sitting here.. SCORE!!!!! haha

heres a pic of my most favorite ride
7818_105116932831692_100000001561256_138872_323521_n.jpg

7818_105116939498358_100000001561256_138874_3179129_n.jpg

oh you meant quads? haha

i really don't have a stand out favorite. for playing in the pasture and in fields i LOVE my atc250R.. somethiing about 6 th gear wheelies across a field is just bad ass. but then in the dunes i really like my black banshee.. and for just whipping around in trails i like the trx250r.. i guess the easiest thing to say is my favorite thing is having mulitple machines for multiple applications.. the 250R's aren't fast... so when my buddies wanna drag race and pull out on of the banshees.

this is the black banshee i like in the dunes..

370 midrange port
cool head
28mm PWK's
modified reed cages
pro design intakes
trued and welded stock stroke long rod crank.. done the old skool way
wiseco 795's
billet clutch basket
cases are port matched
burgard +2+1 arms (soon to be chrome lonestar +2+1's)
elka shocks front and rear
chrome oval tube +1 swinger
durablue axle
roll design anti vibe stem
lonestar round carrier
GB wiring bracket
and some billet odds and ends

and other stuff i'm probably forgetting.. pics are old ones..

012.jpg

013.jpg

011.jpg

006.jpg

004.jpg

damn 370 that shee is sick, im not feeling the flame grille but everything else..color scheme and everything hmm. sorry i dont know muich about jetting cant help ya

i'll check the original carb from my atc250R it was all stock with a pipe.. and i'll let ya knwo where i was it was pretty close.

i got 48 pilot 160 main needle on the 3rd clip.. i blieve the stock 250R needle is a CEL but i could be mistaken..

try that jetting and work from there.. thats just a baseline

whether or not the reed cage will effect the jetting is irrelivant anyways.. when the engine goes back together it should be pressure tested, jetted and broken in correctly anyway.. tossing it together with the same jetting and going out to beat on it isn't the way this should be done anyway..

i see your a young guy.. thats good because the correct way to assemble these things will be WAY easier to learn.. i gave you a decent starting point.. a break in is easy 4 -5 heat cycles and your ready to go.... then go ride the thing and jet it in correctly.. nobody can give you spot on jetting specs.. and anyone thta says they can is delusional.. different engines require different jettign. in fact you could have 2 identical engine in the same place at the same time running different jetting.. and both be correct.. take that baseline i gave you and adjust accordingly from there.

So whats the deal with running 450r swingarms and calipers? Cuz I really don't feel like stripping and painting my current swingarm, and my caliper is non functional. Could someone shed some light on this subject? Oh and a-arms, +2+1, or +3+1.