$1100 to blow!!!Sugestions?

TJsBlaster

Mar 14, 2008
OK heres the deal ill be selling my kx85 to my dads friends son this in April for 1100 bucks ! BLASTER MONEY !!!!! I:I So basicly what mods should I get I have a plus four swinger on the way from YB and Ill be painting the frame,bumpers,grab bar, and a arms BEFORE I get the money so dont suggest that;) And i was thinking of maybe : elka rear shock ? skids ? Any cool engine things i dont know about ? I was thinking maybe ct sonic kit ? Any ideas throw it out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

wow man 1100 bucks imo i would get +3+1 a arms and some shocks then a pipe, port work 34mm carb ,v force 3 reeds

i guess at this point i'd get stuff like ASV levers and maybe an anti vibe stem. don't know how much of an upgrade an elka would be for the rear over the works that you have

Looks like your Blaster is already pretty worked. Maybe I would save a little more and get another project bike.

Ya we,ve done alot so far we currently have it down to the frame for some painting . I was looking at shees but the cheapest i could find on craigslist was 2500 bucks !!! And im only 14 so jobs are hard to come by . My dad has done so much to help me with this bike , he basicly paid for all the engine stuff and alot of the suspension components without any help from me and matched what i could save for a lot of other stuff . What ill probably end up doing is spend most of this on my blaster and then after my birthday(August) start saving for a shee . So any ideas for the blaster would be great !! I:I

Save the money for something else.. your blaster is done up pretty nice already. Better than most on here.

hey bud before you paint you should gusset the frame! while its torn down for paint is the best time, also its a cheap mod that is priceless.
also since you have that many mods already try to find a larger volume gas tank so you can ride longer.
maybe get some nasty beadlock wheels, get a new helmet, full underframe skids,or buy a spare engine and go all out with it with all the goodies.
OR
save your loot for whenever anything breaks so you dont have any downtime from riding over the summer

thats an excellent idea...gusset the frame, maybe some maier fenders too. beadlocks are also the sh*t lol

Looks like you're pretty much modded to the max! What do you not like about the blaster?? I wouldn't do much more unless it isn't meeting your needs. Personally, I wouldn't waste money on cosmetics. You'll never get it back.

Go buy a sweet gun, or a project jeep for when you can drive!!

Or, depending on where you live, maybe see what you can do for buying some property. I know 1100 isn't much but you could probably buy a good chunk for a hunting camp/ATV trails in the middle of nowhere with no access road, which is perfect for playing! It would be a great investment. Another thing to think about would be investing the money, although you're not gonna get awesome short term returns right now, by the time you may be looking to buy a house (at least ten years from now I would assume, maybe more) that 1100 could turn into a good down payment.

ok guys what do you mean 'gusset the frame' ? Also I think i might get skids. If i get a larger gas tank can i still use my stock gas tank cover plastic or not ? And for the guy who said 'unless your in love with your blaster' , I AM !!! But i dont think its legal to marry a quad in PA,maybe in california...........

you could send the members on the site 1$ ??? just an option..lol but yeaa save ur money man, id wait till next year and buy a brand new quad,or atleast make a nice down payment.

Don't blow the money,put it in the bank and save it.You have a decent list of mods,maybe a few things but do yourself a favor and save it.IMO