10.5 inches of rear travel

IMO adding a linkage type setup would not have an advantage.. with correct shock placement and using a "heavier" 400 shock, it works about as good as it can without spending thousands of dollars.. its going to have great preload and rebound with way better dampening and almost 11 inches if travel. correct me if i wrong but hats about an inch more travel than the new 450's?

/\/\/\/\ i agree, linkage is also just more sh*t to go wrong

IMO adding a linkage type setup would not have an advantage.. with correct shock placement and using a "heavier" 400 shock, it works about as good as it can without spending thousands of dollars.. its going to have great preload and rebound with way better dampening and almost 11 inches if travel. correct me if i wrong but hats about an inch more travel than the new 450's?

actually about 2 inches! :)

got some more pics of the long travel shock mount..i will have to get some completed ones tomorrow and get them on here for you guys..this arm is for my personal use..and it is not done yet, just so you know..but this gives you an idea of how it is reworked.

longtravel4.jpg

longtravel3.jpg

longtravel2.jpg

heres some real world numbers on mine 12.25 inches of rear travel!!!! thats with a +4 arm with yfz 450 rear shock thats been modded

yeah these are real world numbers also..i dont get why you posted that... extend the arm out 4 inches it probably has 12 12.50

yeah these are real world numbers also..i dont get why you posted that... extend the arm out 4 inches it probably has 12 12.50

well i thought it was u that was asking for real world numbers as measured on the quad but it might have been in the lt a arm ? thread. no harm meant if thats what ur insinuating i was doing:-/

well i thought it was u that was asking for real world numbers as measured on the quad but it might have been in the lt a arm ? thread. no harm meant if thats what ur insinuating i was doing:-/

no..just confused as to why you would say that.. i had this all mocked up on a blaster..with the stock arm it got 10.5 and a little left to go but i could not get it compressed the whole way by myself.. so i call it 11... sure beats the stock 7 and crappy rear shock. I:I

and that almost 36 inches to the rear grab bar is way taller than stock with the yfz shock, taters is modded so the bike sits at stock height
ps. that was otis's long travel thread that asked for real world numbers

no..just confused as to why you would say that.. i had this all mocked up on a blaster..with the stock arm it got 10.5 and a little left to go but i could not get it compressed the whole way by myself.. so i call it 11... sure beats the stock 7 and crappy rear shock. I:I

i agree ur setup looks much nicer than the stock crap also

and that almost 36 inches to the rear grab bar is way taller than stock with the yfz shock, taters is modded so the bike sits at stock height
ps. that was otis's long travel thread that asked for real world numbers

36 inches is fully extended awk mine sits at stock height also as i have a dual rate rear spring

36 inches is fully extended awk mine sits at stock height also as i have a dual rate rear spring

i see, my sons was 6 inches higher than mine with the 250r shock,
till i adjusted the mount